Lionel Messi 🐐

Perhaps.

I don’t think he leaves PSG yet though, gonna run it back next season and he’ll show he’s still got the magic.

Ronaldo is another matter though.

1 Like

Tethered GOATs

1 Like

If he didn’t rush into signing for PSG he would be at City.
Timing is indeed everything.

City didn’t go for him in the end for whatever reason, he knew wasn’t going to happen.

They were going for Kane at the time and there was still belief that was happening.
Once that fell through City were sniffing around Ronaldo. If Messi was still available you best believe Pep would be going for him.

I don’t think the Kane interest was concrete, they never made a bid and if their finances are to be believed then they couldn’t make a move for both Grealish and Kane in the same window.

Whatever happened it’s a shame we probably won’t get to see him in the PL

Oh, the Kane interest was concrete. Pep confirmed it. City made bids and even went over the initial 100m valuation.
Spurs just didn’t budge. City can spend but they usually don’t react well when the selling clubs are so setting OTT valuations or aren’t budging. We saw that with Alexis, Virgil and Koulibaly.
And they were probably right. When for the same money you can go for the much younger Haaland then you start start questioning the move.

Actually think Pep done the right thing. It was the easy option and your adjusting an already winning formula for a vanity project.
Top teams and coaches are always trying to evolve.
You halt that progress with his signing. They are advanced enough to challenge on every front as it is.

1 Like

Those bids were never going to get the deal done though so in a way it was bogus.

They knew the amount it’d take and never put up the ££££

@stroller there’s a decent chance they go without a major trophy this season, if they win either then it’s vindication. I do think they’ll win the PL but watching them they can definitely do with a hitter up top. That attack is lacking some qualities and it shows at times they they struggle to score.

Considering they have a shot at Haaland it was the right decision to leave Kane though.

1 Like

Agreed. This wouldn’t have been a move that would necessarily help City more than how much it would have helped Messi.
In hindsight, City are still stacked, very likely winning the league, and are the favourites for the Champions League.

1 Like

They were misled by Kane. Kane naively thought the club would do right by him but he didn’t realize how stubborn Spurs are.
Sam Lee who covers City talked about this. City and Kane had an agreement. Kane was gonna request a move and press for it. City was willing to pay what they thought Spurs would ask, or perhaps whatever Kane and his agent informed City that Spurs would ask. They thought they had this all figured out so when Messi became available they weren’t gonna shift focus.

I don’t think they were misled I actually think they may have done Kane dirty (lol) by making him think that they were gonna to balls out for him

If they thought Levy was going to do anyone a sweetheart deal for his best player then they must have been on that grade A kush

If they were so intent on Kane then why get Grealish

The Messi thing never really took off in comparison

1 Like

Btw, I do agree he stays at PSG. As far as I’m aware he’s living a good life there. His family has settled too. Think the last thing he wants is to move again.

2 Likes

What’s funny is I’m sure once it’s all over people will stop caring and just happily say they were both great.

2 Likes

Yeah wouldn’t want to see him bounce to MLS, watching him play doesn’t look cooked yet

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him have an excellent season after this one

Losers.

Ronaldo is goat.

3 Likes

This is probably the first time in about 15 years I haven’t considered Messi in the top 3 players in world football.

4 Likes

Would you say 1) Lewa?

Yeah I think time has finally caught up to Messi

1 Like

Lewa, Benzema, Mbappe, Salah and Haaland could be my top 5 as far as attacking players go.

Not in any particular order.

1 Like