He said attacking players

3 Likes

quit the NT again

:ramsdale:

Third time lucky? :rofl:
Which reminds me of this gem.

3 Likes

This is doing the rounds, at the moment, but not for the right reasons. :rofl:

People shit on Messi for not winning the World Cup when that was the team he had behind him lol. And people hugely underrate his 2014 World Cup. He sacrificed his game to help the team progress the ball.

Another thing that’s overlooked is that if Higuain wasn’t a bottler then Argentina win that final

5 Likes

Well, I’ll have you know the tweet didn’t go that way. :sweat_smile:

Higuain bottled a Copa final aswell didn’t he?

Just a bunch of losers on Twitter who live for hot takes and controversy.

I have no respect for Twitter losers

3 Likes

Bottled many big games in his career that’s for sure

1 Like

Tbf, they do have a point. A bunch of those players aren’t as shit as some make it out to be. Let’s not forget, Argentina’s defence turned out to be massive in the tournament. Romero and Rojo were some of the discoveries of the tournament. Both earned massive moves shortly after.
We’re also skipping past others like Aguero, Di Maria, etc.
Plus, it’s not like Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria, Switzerland, Belgium and Netherlands had better teams at the time.

For what is worth, I do think Messi’s international career is overlooked. He did perform at a very high standard for Argentina and has been massively important for them. Is he Barcelona good, not at all. But he that’s hard to replicate.

That’s the thing they aren’t so shit normally but on the big stage they turn to shit and look to Messi to save them at every turn because the vast majority are weak mentally, also he’s mostly played with trash defences in recent times.

You aren’t achieving the biggest honours in international football with a defence that consistently shits the bed.

Argentina’s best accolades the past decade though came through their defence being on point.
WC 2014 and Copa America 2021.

That proves my point…

So he didn’t play with trash defences then? :sweat_smile:

He played with teams that actually managed to defend well enough.

Other than the Copa last season tell me when they’ve consistently looked good defensively? Other than that the last time you mentioned is almost a decade ago.

Ironically they may be able to play well enough defensively now but there’s been a huge decline in individual talent especially when compared to that golden generation.

Tbf, we do get WC every 4 years.
WC 2018 was a disaster for Argentina. I do think that ultimately, the biggest issue for Argentina at times is finding the right mix offensively, which is strange considering the talent pool.

That isn’t the only international tournament that its been evident in.

The other issue is they’ve had some lame ass coaches, doesn’t help when you hire poorly.

1 Like

Two of them. It was nice cathartic viewing for someone like me still smarting over his move to Juventus.

1 Like