Lionel Messi 🐐

Not sure what changes he wants, either way they’re not going to be competitive (at least in Europe) for a while.

He probably wants to remain at Barca for many reasons, but career wise if City come calling he has to push for it imo

I see Messi going back to Argentina if he does leave.

Got walloped by Roma though mate.

Well first of all Quique is going to get fired out of a cannon from the outskirts of Barcelona all they way up to Santander with no picnic basket nor parachute. Get a new manager in, no idea who. Jardim? Maybe convince Poch to coach his old rivals? I don’t see Allegri as a fit at all but if they get him I’d be scared. Maybe one of the newer generation of German managers, try something different. anyway. Then they’ll probably try to sell one player and get a bit of money in, maybe Dembélé to some team… United or w/e idno, then they’ll spend big on a player or two.

Then maybe it’ll be fun for Messi to play again :blush:

oooohhhhh is he now, no worries 2 weeks from now he will get his wages doubled and he will be happy again, allow this prick where is he gonna go in the twilight of his career apart from maybe psg or Mancity which i cant see him working out in just cant see him in Manchester or France.

Could go the middle east with Xavi.

Or go to Man City to reunite with Pep…

I think he could justify it easier for himself in middle East.
Don’t think he could play for another European club.

Hahaha fair comeback

Messi during 2008-2011 was a scary sight.
That was truly when he was unstoppable.

3 Likes

If defenders had to choose one guy they never wanted to come up against during Messi’s prime, think 9/10 defenders would have him as the one they’d want to really avoid. 91 goals in a calendar year. The guy was out of this world.

4 Likes

People can have arguments about the GOAT all they want. Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo, Fat Ronaldo,… But I guess peak Messi is the best form of a footballer that the human race has ever seen, no?

3 Likes

Yes but with the following caveats:

1. A super team created around him. Maradona/Pele/Ronaldo 9 didn’t play with the same calibre of players

2. Referees in Messis era favoured attackers where as in prior eras Maradona got his leg broke, Pele and Ronaldo got kicked a plenty.

3. Messi legally used HGH, which allowed him to build his physique and joints beyond other athletes

4. Operación Puerto pretty much showed all the Barce and Real players were doped to the gills.

2 Likes

For 10 of the last 15 years I would have agreed with you, and I will say that Messi is a quite incredible footballer, the likes of which, we may never see again.
However, in the last 5 years I honestly believe that Ronaldo has proved that he is the better player, and in my opinion, the best footballer ever.
Ronaldo seems to have got better and better as he gets older, and the fact that he has done it in different leagues is also quite special.
It is, and always be a impossible argument, as they are both truly special footballers…But, in my humble opinion, and that doesn’t mean much, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best.

I’m not sure if you’ve really watched full games of Ronaldo if you believe he has gotten better as he has gotten older, yes he still scores loads of goals, but in no way is he better in the last 3-4 years as he was prior to that.

1 Like

Well, thanks for questioning my ability to watch a football match, buts as I said…its my opinion.

What about discussion in terms of pure ability?
I don’t think any footballer has displayed such wide array of footballing abilities for such an extended period at a high level.

He is in top 2 in terms of dribbling, passing, long ball, short pass, through balls, free kicks, long shots, close control, first touch, finishing, you name it.

Others may be great in some of them but not all of them.

5 Likes

Gifted player that he is his passing couldn’t touch Cruyff or Platini. He simply doesn’t have the vision of those two players.

Messi or Best Stroller ?
That’s the question?
Personally for me Best , a genius who’s flame sadly burned too quickly but what a fabulous gifted player , Best by name Best by legend