Leicester City

Is it just me or could he actually get a better job than this one if he waits a little longer?

I know a lot of people don’t like Rodgers and he isn’t the highest manager on anyone’s list, but I don’t think he did that poor a job at Liverpool and I think he’s a pretty decent manager all things considered.

3 Likes

Outsider for us really and not the worse option in the world if things dont develop with Emery. Spuds could do worse if Poch goes and Chelsea even with the embargo could be a fit.

1 Like

Retrospectively I’d have had Rodgers over Emery and got us playing expansive pressing football. That Liverpool side of 13/14 was mighty impressive before they lost their 2 best forwards, one through injury and the other through a sale.

3 Likes

Smart move from him.

I’ll bring Rodgers you bring Suarez, OK?

Bottled a PL title with about 3-4 games to go when they were in the driving seat.

Conceded 50 goals in 38 games that season (which would have been a PL record for a title winning team).

Finished 7th the season before that and 6th the season after.

Conceded 141 goals in 114 PL games between 2012 and 2015.

He’s as close to a one season wonder as any manager ever.

2 Likes

10 in a row 100% not happening anymore.

Sevco will go bust again trying to prevent it but they will.

What moronic management from Lawell and co for being tightarses and pissing Rodgers off.

1 Like

Bit embarrassing for Scottish football, the lure of Leicester City enough to tempt him away from possible legendary status at Celtic :laughing:

3 Likes

TBF they were battering teams when Suarez wasn’t playing that season

Suarez missed the first 5 games of the season and he played in every single one of the following 33 games.

The record for Liverpool that season in the 5 games he didn’t play:

P5 - W3 D1 L1

They scored 5 goals and conceded 3 and won all of their 3 games by a 1-0 scoreline.

So I don’t think it’s even close to being remotely accurate that they were battering teams without Suarez.

3 Likes

I wonder how different Wenger’s tenure would have panned out towards the end if we hadn’t butchered that Suarez transfer, we’d likely have won the league in 2014 when you consider we only fell 7 points short with Giroud as our striker.

I maintain to this day that if we signed Suarez in 2013-14 we’d have won the league even with Wenger’s failings. It’s criminal that we spent so long on top and couldn’t win the title that year

5 Likes

Regardless of Suarez’s impact, Rodgers still got them playing some impressive football and laid the foundation for Kloop.

Look at how much United has struggled to replicate even an ounce of the football Rodgers created with Liverpool.

I may be bit too appreciative considering he is British and not expected of him to play attractive football.

1 Like

What was the groundwork laid that Klopp benefited from?

Rodgers plays attacking football, but can’t defend.

Perhaps Rodgers should have waited , the Spurs job may soon be vacant, perhaps Chelsea too and Leicester have no idea what they want to be. The title win has meant there will not be any longevity. He’s done fine work at Celtic and it can all be undone at Leicester tbh.

I can see why he has taken it though, he hasn’t been in the PL for a minute and Leicester are a decent enough team for him to show what he’s got to better clubs.

I’d have him over Emery, he knows how to coach good attacking football. People want to hold losing out on the title over him but if it’s one of those things that was so close and had it gone the other way he’d be considered in a totally different light.

3 Likes

The formation, type of players, playing style etc.
It helps Kloop greatly that he is not starting from scratch and much of his preferrence is already incorporated before him

1 Like

Im not buying that really. The formation may have been in place, but the tactics and playing style are quite different, the fact they played 433 already is of no major benefit,he still had to make big changes to implement his style of play. What do you mean “type of players”? This squad is basically his own, how many players are left from the Rodgers days?

When Klopp took over they were fucking shit, he clearly did start from scratch.

1 Like

Its about equal or better than the championship tbh.

How is it incorporated when there are only two players in Klopp’s current squad that played under Rodgers. If anything, Klopp seems to have eradicated most traces left from Rodgers’ reign. (is this the correct way to put the apostrophe or does it have to be Rodgers’s ??? never really proper learn this in school ffs).

1 Like