Leicester City vs Arsenal (Carabao Cup 3rd Round)

I would like to see The Arsenal win the trophy. Personally , players want to win silverware, trophies lead to confidence, confidence leads to a winning mentality.

1 Like

Eugh just seeing this part. What’s even the point of playing this if it isn’t televised.

Exactly. Couldn give a shite about this Gatorade cup or ehat the fek its called these days. Field the kids, loose and move on to the real football.

Ozil we have a use for you son.

I picked LC for some random reason, but honestly as much as I want us to focus on other things, I want us to win everything…

I’d like to see some younger players get a chance, but I’ll still scream at the monitor and hope we progress.

Because they are greedy little buggers. If you can’t televise it, then just cancel the damn competition or play it without PL sides. I don’t think many would’ve protested. If you want to watch a matched not televised, then it’s £10.

Fixtures that are not scheduled for TV will be streamed online on the following basis in the UK only :

• EFL Club vs EFL Club – streamed on iFollow or club equivalent service
  • EFL Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live
  • Premier League Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live

Matches will be available to purchase on an individual match pass price of ÂŁ10.

Who would you play for this game. The top my head, the likes of Willock, Nelson, Elneny, Luiz (give him a game to get back match fitness for Monday game), Nkeitah, Pepe, Cedric, AMN, Macey, Saliba, Smith Rowe (is he back from injury) and Chambers (is he able to have a game now).

If Ozil and Guendouzi don’t play in this then we won’t see them for the rest of the season. Torreira and Sokratis I be shocked if they risk them.

Be nice to win it but it be a tough game and depends on the side Leicester put out.

First 6-0 Arsenal of the season I reckon.

You mean they concede 6 or win by 6 lol.

I don’t know, depends what team Leicester put out. I could see them going nearly full strength in this one.

I see you are unfamiliar with my ridiculous predictions.

5 Likes

You were trying to be funny lol. I thought it was serious you know Arsenal fan’s we do get ahead of ourselves after a win or two lol.

1 Like

I’m actually looking forward to seeing a few less familiar faces in the starting 11: Debut for the big man Saliba, “could find space in a Telephone Box” Smith Rowe, the magic man Reiss Nelson. Would also be nice to see Pepe and Nketiah get 90 minutes.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure what Arteta plans here. I think he might rotate some but also try to use the match to experiment with some different combinations of players and tactics (like a more traditional back four).

This looks like a reasonable team to me that rotates a good amount but would still be competitive if Leicester fields a strong side.

—Saka–Nketiah–Pepe
-------Smith-Rowe----
-------Xhaka–Elneny—
Cedric–Luiz–Saliba–AMN

Be surprised if Leicester play anyone from the weekend.
From that point of view and no fans it’s a very level playing field. Be penalties.

I was about to post something relevant to this game, then realised I don’t give a flying fuck

6 Likes

Ideal scenario is that we get eliminated from this plastic cup, but at the same time avoid a meltdown for the stupid section of the fanbase.

Going out on penalites is my wish for tommorow night.

Ideal scenario is we play a full second string for the entire competition, win it, laugh at Spurs fans and then sell all those players to Crystal Palace.

10 Likes

Yeah that’d be perfect

Not sure why people would hope we lose, I can understand the want for rotating giving younger players exposure, but as for hoping we lose ? Bizarre logic.

7 Likes

Arsenal fans used to live for getting a glimpse of Fran Merida in the League Cup :bergkamp:

5 Likes