Leeds vs Arsenal (PL) 0-1

I’ll add more tomorrow as it’s 318am here, but I’ll say it was nice to have a Spursy type win .

9 Likes

Fucks sake. Go sleep. You’ve got work in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Missed the second half of the game due to parent duties…penalty miss and Gabriel almost sent off!?!?

Wild.

anyone a little worried about Jesus. A lot of wow moments but going on a mini drought right now

I should have bet on it. :grinning:

3 Likes

I did bet on it! Liverpool to win or draw at 5/6 looked a big price to me…

2 Likes

The drake reference :joy::joy::clap::clap:

3 Likes

our next two prem games are really winnable as well, Southampton and Forest

1 Like

Didn’t watch, but sounds like it was Helms Deep type defending?

1 Like

End to end stuff, both teams gunning for the win, ground out the result against a rejuvenated Leeds !!

Couldn’t watch until the kid went to bed, so had to avoid my phone and social media for about five hours today.

What a game. Our worst one of the season by some distance but we still came out on top in the end. Gabriel very lucky, but he didn’t touch Bamford (who went down crying at first), so a red wasn’t the right decision anyway.

1 Like

Bamford looking like a crack addict taking the penalty lmao :rofl:

4 Likes

Bamford needs to get his haircut. Looks like a tramp

3 Likes

Bumford.

2 Likes

Whinydickheadford

Looks like the bad guy in a straight-to-video High School Musical sequel.

3 points though. Not sure what’s going on with Gabriel though. These “incidents” seem to be happening every goddamn week.

Alright.

Positives- First half I thought it was pretty good by both teams. Enjoyable to watch with both teams playing in the right manner at a high tempo. Some of our combination passing looked fantastic also, Ødegaard and Saka hugely influential. Found a way to somehow win the game despite playing so poorly in the 2nd half, always a trait of good teams getting results not only when playing well but when playing poorly also.

Negatives - Second half was certainly the worst I’ve seen us play all year, I hope these halves are few and far between as you need to ride a lot of luck to get away with it ( which thankfully we had). Leeds were fantastic with the high press, winning it back in great areas to get good field position. We just couldn’t string passes together to get field position nor could we break through the press to create a counter attacking threat.

But all in all most of our year has been sublime, we’re 9 wins from 10 in the league, found a way to win again and are sitting 4 points on top of the fucking league. I’m sure as hell enjoying riding this wave and tired Monday’s at work are feeling well worth it for the first time in a long time.

8 Likes

If we can’t get hold of the ball we need to learn how to shut up shop better, yesterday we just tried to do our normal thing in the second half and completely played into Leeds hands. Most of their attacks came from us just giving the ball away and players being caught out of position.

Feel like if we just got in a solid defensive formation and let Leeds pass the ball round their defence we’d have been fine and given ourselves more chance to feast of a Leeds mistake.

3 Likes

Thought i was the only one seing this haha. He gives me heroin addict vibes. Pale and skinny face with shit long greasy hair. It has All gone downhill from him.

1 Like

3 points was huge, we were lucky at times but clinical with the goal.

Disappointed with Jesus, didnt have an impact on the game and the one chance he got he blazed it over. Couldnt hold the ball up, came deep to recieve and win it and then lost it again.

Ive said this before, but I wanted us to buy a striker who would finish our chances and be the furthest man forward standing on their defence, Im not sure Jesus is that guy.

Partey was very good in the middle for me, Xhaka did well too.
Tomiyasu made a few critical mistakes both at LB and RB

It was a nervy game, which we would have lost in previous seasons, but this time we won, and we remain top.

12 Likes