Leeds United Vs Arsenal (PL)

yeah today was utter shambles other than defenders, Saka, and Leno… even then despite our Allardyce like fortress, Leeds should have scored multiple.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s such a obvious move for us, he is a protege of Bielsa and has the same footballing philosophy, likes to press, likes to attack, he’s good with youth players, knows how to work on a tight budget, and get the best out of mediocre players. Best of all it will be a sol Campbell moment we’re we could fuck off spurs fans about until the end of time.

I just can’t see what it is exactly Arteta is trying to work towards?

2 Likes

At least Freddie looks damn sexy on the telly though, we can all enjoy that at least.

1 Like

Yeah lol nothing changed in the game after it, in fact we probably looked more likely to score if anything.

1 Like

Understat has it at 1.96 to 0.71 xG… have to assume we earned most of that on that Saka breakaway and surprised honestly that theirs didn’t eclipse 2.

1 Like

XG is calculated post game?

The decision to keep Freddie was only for that second half… he was never in contention… but it looks like it was horrible decision to panic and go for one of a tiny number of options mid-season in Arteta - and unbelievable (at least atm) it looks like a master-stroke by Spurs to get Mou (which pretty much feels like me drinking bleach to get rid of my 'rona).

1 Like

Yep - and Understat seems to be the fastest and most reliable - again, key is just to use them as frame of reference and use only one system, otherwise you will go all over the place.

1 Like

EXPECTED goals after the match is DONE.

@shamrockgooner Do you see this bull?

Lol how else would you imagine it could be done? It by definition CANNOT be done before the end of the match…

2 Likes

Saka’s injury doesn’t look that promising. looking at it again, It does not look like a contact injury. Could be a time out on the sidelines.

What is the point of xG after the match is over?

Seemed like he might have hyper-extended the knee, which is one of those things we’ll just have to wait and see.

You are joking right?

I’m confused by your confusion here.

1 Like

Leeds took the game to us and had more possession + chances which I expected based on the style of Leeds, and they have still lost matches with those in their favour.

An absorb and counter strategy would be acceptable for me based on our current plight, and weirdly enough we played better with 10.

Leeds can’t finish but that’s them in a nutshell… I was more upset about our attacking problems then our defence today as I thought they did OK, as most of Leeds efforts were off-target hashes and a couple of good moves they couldn’t finish (they’re technically poor at this, which negated their threat somewhat)

3 Likes
7 Likes

He’s one of our only consistent bright spots. Sucks he’s injured but I’d rather not risk him by bringing him back too early. Let him heal even if it takes the rest of the season—this year’s a write off anyway.

My bad, got confused.

xG sucks

1 Like

Every year is a write off with this club.

6 Likes