Leandro Trossard (19)

I completely get this
I want players in now to give us as much push as we can get, but I think my main thought is that he has to be the right player, not someone we just settle for, as £30m is alot and whilst im not trying to be an accountant, in my mind thats £30m we wont have in the summer

£30m is pennies in todays market

7 Likes

When a player in the summer is going for £90m and we offer £60m as our final offer, it wont be pennies then

So you don’t want to sign anyone in January then?

2 Likes

Need reinforcements and this transfer doesn’t break the bank. Much needed even if a few of us are still smarting over the fact we missed out on Joao and Michk.

3 Likes

Given our circumstances, I would take the panic signing.
Honestly, though Edu should have added one attacker or one midfielder in the summer to avoid relying on panic purchases.

1 Like

Always liked the guy. Whenever I watched Brighton, he was consistently their most dangerous player.

1 Like

Been following him for a long time, apparently.

1 Like

He does score a decent amount as well. Already on 7 this season, 1 less than last season.

I’m a fan. Tidy player with two good feet. No settling in required. Experienced enough to come in and do a job for a couple of seasons. Can play across the middle. Good work ethic. Gets my seal of approval :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Not a huge fan of the player but I can see the logic of the transfer so long as the fee is reasonable. I think he’ll eventually become a marginal player in the squad but wages probably won’t be that high so if he is a jack-of-all-trades squad player for a couple seasons it’s not a bad thing.

He could end up sort of like Lallana for Klopp’s Liverpool, hopefully without the injuries.

2 Likes

In that analogy, I think he’s more like Jota.

2 Likes

Would love that but not sure he’s got that level.

Although he paid the Potter tax for years and has looked lovelier under a different manager, even if they’ve fallen out.

He’s more of a Rosicky

One other thing I like is that if we’re really in advanced talks with personal terms sorted it means we moved immediately toward this transfer after Mudryk fell through, probably started working on it Monday. That suggests we like the player and had an actual backup plan, both of which are good things.

3 Likes

Still no Chelsea bid?!?!

Fake news.

2 Likes

I’m down for this. Should throw some money at Leicester for Tielemans too, strengthen the team with 2 reasonably priced signings.

2 Likes

Thats obviously not what ive said.

These kinds of deals are more likely to work out when you’re a PL champions kind of club I feel.

Assuming the fee isn’t ridiculous, you blow a sum on him now and you can probably recoup half in 18 months from Crystal Palace or some promoted side if he doesn’t work out. Certainly enough PL pedigree for those kind of clubs to be interested when he’s not needed anymore. There’s no shame in a player not displacing any of our stellar attackers, but he doesn’t feel like a give him to Schalke for nothing kind of player.

7 Likes

Scored as many goals as Saka and Martinelli this season.

4 Likes