Leandro Trossard (19)

Don’t you miss the Wenger transfer windows, when we were desperate for quality and he would make “super quality” signings like Kallstrom and Bischoff, making sure they met with his valuation?

Wenger would consider Trossard as a marquee signing rather than the squad filler he is. :grinning:

1 Like

I love how the majority have been shitting on this guy and by the end of today everyone will come around and say it’s an astute signing.
Just like we convinced ourselves €100m for an unproven Ukrainian lad was worth it.

1 Like

LOL at Fabrizio, the guy’s not even checking his spelling to get those likes first.

1 Like

:arteta:

8 Likes

Daily Mail saying it will cost £~20m.

1 Like

Trusting the process or just giving Arteta the benefit of the doubt because we are top of the League really isn’t it.

6 Likes

Not entirely sure I agree with the assertion that a majority have been shitting on him, as such.

7 Likes

Daily Mail have made that up for views, Mr Amateur Twitter Aggregator :grinning:

1 Like

Shitting on him certainly harsh from me but I don’t think people were that keen for him, especially after the fallout he had with Brighton and De Zerbi…

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve seen “I prefer Mitoma” the past days, whether it’s here or social media.

1 Like

Love when signings come out of nowhere.

Much better experience than the Mudryk thing that felt like it was going on for years

7 Likes

30M for Trossard any day of the week over 100M for some random kid.

5 Likes

This Romano v Ornstein rivalry:

I don’t think we’re seeing any massive opinion shifts here so far. Is he ideal, maybe not. Can he do a job, absolutely.

11 Likes

For sure, that’s why I said by the end of the day.
For what is worth, I do think there were a couple here that thought this was a pretty good deal from the get go.

They must be pretty pleased about this. I do wonder if the deal is so advanced he can be on the bench against Man Utd.

Spurs fans online not happy about this, huh?
I’ll take that then. Go buy Italian Havertz from Roma, lol.

I wasn’t that bothered about Mudryk for 100m because we needed to strengthen elsewhere and to spend that amount on an unproven player isn’t worth it.

I’m not fussed either way about Trossard but for around 20m, we’ll be getting a decent PL player who’s experienced and not going to affect any other signings Arteta wants to make.

What is good about this transfer, is that we aren’t repeating the same mistake we made last season, which cost us a top four place, and from previous seasons where we did little or nothing with Wenger.

Until he’s 29. Do you know how ages work?

3 Likes

Lmao, actually trending? We’re fucking massive.

Never doubted this guy. Best Belgian in the PL. :smirk:

3 Likes

Trossard seems to score in quite a few games against the Big 6 (EDIT: only just seen GC’s post above :facepunch:). Has a lot of self-confidence. Instant depth. Known quantity. Solid work rate.

A 3.5 year deal is likely. I’m not jumping for joy but if it means we can keep Saka and Martinelli fresh by being able to rotate in Trossard and ESR (without a massive drop off) then we’re doing the right thing here.

Get him in quick so he can get on the bench for United.

1 Like