Leandro Trossard (19)

Yeah, I remember when we were linked to him at that time… Thought he was a very underwhelming target for us at that time, thinking how he wasn’t THAT young (for a quite unknown player) and didn’t see too much potential in him.

He would probably never realise that potential if he didn’t make that extra step with Brighton, he’s coming just at the perfect time.

Not keen on this but Arteta is the guy in charge and answering questions this season.
Go with it for now.

2 Likes

This is going to move slow as fuck. I imagine arsenal value him at about 15mill.

Ornstein says we’re looking at others too.

Not having £30m with 5 months left on his deal

Anyone else think it’s hilarious that every journalist tweets the news within like 5mins of each other.

Do they all literally just copy Fabrizio and have no fucking idea what’s going on. No way they all able to confirm with whatever contacts they have within a couple minutes.

6 Likes

£30m?! His contract is up in the summer ffs

1 Like

People are saying Brighton have an option to extend by a year. So if true, he’s got a year and a half on his contract in effect, when it comes to Brighton deciding what fee they’ll demand

1 Like

Or maybe not

1 Like

I think they exercised the option to extend him for a year. 18 months left now.

He gives us time for, not just this season but probably next season too, to find that long term answer to the wing positions.

I’d rather have him giving competition and alternative to Martinelli, Saka (Jesus ans Eddie too) than to force a big transfer with a player we’re not sure yet and overpaying him… Maybe someone like Diaby idk

Really answers a lot of questions atm in our squad looking at the CF situation too. A quality alternative for Eddie too while Jesus is out.
Expecting him to be involved a lot for the rest of the season.

2 Likes

Sweepstake on when “Brighton using Mudryk deal as benchmark” will appear? :grinning:

1 Like

Romano been drinking or something? State of some of them typos

5 Likes

Welcome Leandro (unless Chelsea decide to gazump us)

I had valued the deal at about £30-£35m given all the circumstances so to hear that guy tweet £30m doesn’t surprise me.

I think at ~£30m it’s a good deal.

Saka and Martinelli are our undisputed starters and the future of our club, we don’t need a £100m bench option that needs time to acclimatise to the league. We need a guy with PL experience and goals to come in and hit the ground running.

£30m is a small price to pay anyway if it helps us win the league by allowing us to rest Saka/Martinelli in less important games and save them for the double hitters against City etc.

I’m happy with this deal, and £30m is a lot easier to write off than £100m.

3 Likes

The adrenaline rush knowing you have an arsenal scoop and it’s going to get 100k likes and interactions in minutes.

7 Likes

Lol, someone’s definitely rushing to get this out first. :rofl:

2 Likes

You just can see there the news are fresh as fuck, he’s reporting it as it’s happening

:bellend:

1 Like

When did everyone become a fucking accountant.
I get it on 100 million deals but fucking 30. Get a grip lads it’s for the here and now on a title bid.

9 Likes

Yeah, it wont kill us.

We gave that for Vieira and he played two games so far…

It’s nothing if he just gives us a tiny push towards the title, and wont affect our summer budget (that will increase with the title obviously).

8 Likes