Laurent Koscielny

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::smile:

Yes it was. The alternative was the club going “Laurent who?” When asked where our club captain was when on tour.

“He is injured”

Meanwhile he’s leaking to some French journo. Feck that.

2 Likes

Is he actually injured, didn’t start for Bordeaux. They’ve given him a 4year deal by all accounts

Former scout reckoning it’s bad business on their part

This doesn’t make any sense, at all.

Why not?

We wanted Ozil to look for a transfer and for large portion of last season, the club & the manager actively benched or kept him out of the squad while playing inferior players in front of him.

Koscielny wanted Arsenal to let him go so he made moves he thought would compel Arsenal to let him go.

Only difference is here the player is not safeguarded contractually to avoid a situation like Ozil. Ozil lost a year of his career because he was deemed too expensive by the same club who gave him the contract

A player refusing to travel or train is breaching their contract. A club is not contractually obliged to play a certain player, so deciding not to play them does not contravene the terms of the contract. So you’re comparing two things that aren’t equivalent, and then somehow using this to call Arsenal fans hypocrites.

That accusation doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

That’s between the club and the player.
I am talking about fans. We as a fan are okay with he behaviour shown towards Ozil but are up in arms about what Koscielny did.
This is what makes us hypocrites.

1 Like

Because both things are (arguably) what is best for the club. There’s no hypocrisy involved imo.

1 Like

You mean Koscielny stayed healthly and van Persie, not? Because van Persie was also here for eight seasons.

Yes

Ozil not being an automatic starter under Emery and getting benched and Koscielny breaching his contract are not equivalents, this is what I’m saying. There’s absolutely no hypocrisy there, you’re reaching so hard and grasping nothing.

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but some here want Ozil not to be played whilst condemning the same tactic when Koscielny uses that to his benefit. That seems to contradict each other a bit, however it’s fair enough from a perspective what @shamrockgooner is giving.

When we had fans wanting Zaha to refuse to train at Palace would be a better comparison.
This is way off the mark though.

Again you are thinking from the club’s perspective. I am talking from fans’ perspective.

I’m talking about from the fan perspective. Fans having no problem with Ozil not being played as much as he used to be but having an issue with Koscielny refusing to do his job is in no way contradictory.

Probably best I just stop replying because there’s only so many times that I can repeat myself haha.

@SDGooner there’s still no contradiction. It’s up to management who plays in what games. So if Emery doesn’t want to play Ozil automatically in every game, it’s fine for fans to support this. It is not Koscielny’s decision whether he plays or not. If management ask him to, and he is fit, then he should play. If he doesn’t, and fans don’t appreciate this unprofessional decision of his, how does that in anyway contradict those fans supporting Emery deciding not to play Ozil?

I don’t think I’m ever changing my mind on this one, I think people calling hypocrisy are desperately reaching here.

2 Likes

Is dropping Ozil for non pitch related reasons a professional conduct?

Well if you think that the only reason to drop a player is because of what is happening on the pitch then your understanding of football is limited. Also, who is to say that on pitch considerations didn’t come into Emery’s mind here? Him choosing to not play him in certain away games in some cases was clearly based on Emery not thinking he’d be well suited to that game, he literally said as much publicly.

1 Like

They support the decision in order to get Ozil removed from/bullied out of the club…why is that okay, but we still condemn Koscielny if he chooses for his own interests, whilst these fans choose for their own (i.e. Ozil being gone from this club is good).

1 Like