Laurent Koscielny

Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking Ozil suddenly had some off the pitch issues after being in the club for so long. We all know it was purely a financial decision to cast him aside and make it untenable for him to stay.

Be honest with yourself and answer the question again

I will probably follow this club for the rest of my life, but when Arsenal/Adidas/retailer want me to pay 90 euros for a football shirt it’s obvious how this ‘relationship’ works. Obviously I don’t have to buy merchandise, but these kind of things don’t always make me take the side of the club automatically.

I kind of agree, somebody posted a picture of the training top the other dag and I thought I fancied that, not at £70 I fucking don’t. Absurd.

1 Like

Bullied is such emotive language haha, so revealing of your stance.

Rich coming from me perhaps, but let’s not be precious little snowflakes, he isn’t being bullied ffs. He’s not being treated with the reverence Wenger would have treated him, him not being an automatic starter and being dropped for particular away games is perfectly justified if the new manager doesn’t rate him as much as the old one. If the message behind this is that he isn’t vital to the managers plans and that he should consider moving elsewhere, I don’t see any problems with this. There’s no breaching of contract going on, which is what people took issue with Koscielny for. Ergo no hypocrisy or contradiction.

If the club said that Ozil wasn’t providing value for money so they’d decided to just start paying him less, and the fans supported this breach of contract, they’d then be adopting a contradictory position if they’d had a go at Koscielny for doing so. It doesn’t have to be wages related, if the club did not meet the terms of Ozils contract in anyway and the fans supported this, there’d be a clear case of hypocrisy.

As it stands, massive reach.

2 Likes

I’m not saying he is bullied. I’m saying there is a certain part of fans who wouldn’t mind it if Arsenal would take that approach in order to get rid of him.

But as fans the contract isn’t respected and considered a burden on the club i.e. people wouldn’t mind it if Arsenal actively pursuit suitors. Koscielny forced a move. Which is what a certain part of the fanbase wants when it comes to Ozil. Or Mkhitaryan for that matter. I.e. the thinking could be considered hypocritical.

Yet ends up playing him in the finals.
Ozil is a world class player and it wasn’t like he was surrounded by other world class players that Emery deemed Ozil unworthy of his plans.
It’s a long season and casting Ozil aside so early in the season is indicative of something else.

Your continuous narrative of the whole Ozil fiasco being performance related is biased as fuck and clear refusal to admit that the club went out of the way to make Ozil’s time at Arsenal was uncomfortable.

Massive reach is Emery thinking Ozil is not good enough with no alternative.

I’m done arguing with contrarians who are talking shit just to stand out from the crowd :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not about being contrarian. Just expressing a certain understanding for van Persie, Cesc and Koscielny putting their own interests before Arsenals just like fans do with certain players.

And there’s a difference between putting your own interests first and trying to get a move and ignoring the terms of your contract. He could have done the first thing without resorting to the second, which is what got everyone so fuming.

Not sure why a small number of people want to wilfully ignore this clear distinction.

5 Likes

The difference is the perceived professional conduct you referred.
You have still not answered whether what Arsenal did last season with Ozil was professional or not.

We may be the contrarian but you are a hypocrite calling Koscielny as unprofessional and refusing to acknowledge the unprofessional behaviour of the club; and the hypocrisy of stance fans took in individual cases.

I don’t recognise Emery deciding not to play Ozil as often as our last manager did as being an unprofessional act.

1 Like

Of course it was. It is part of the techniques of a manager to manage his squad to leave players out of the group or benched. That is totally within the politics of a manager-player relationship and there is nothing unprofessional about it, hundreds of top level managers have done so in history and it could be performance related, health and fitness related, tactics related, training and commitment related, or if you are really committed to conspiracy, devising a carefully constructed and complicated plan to drive Ozil out of the club related. And since the manager is the decision maker, the player has to comply with his decisions. A player has no managerial duties and responsibilities and sulking because a player believes that a manager’s methods impede his or the clubs development, is unprofessional. If, IF, Emery wants Ozil out of the club (a notion no one from the club has officially confirmed), you cannot prove in any way or form whether that preceded Ozil’s refusal to conform to Emery’s methods and requirements from the player.

Moreover, you are making a huge overreaction to the game time Emery deterred Ozil from. Ozil played in only 2 games less (24) in the EPL in comparison to how many games he played under Wenger the previous season (26). He started 4 games less than he did under Wenger - (20) vs (24). He was an unused sub 4 times more than under Wenger - (7) to (3) and he was not included in the squad group for reasons other than an injury only once (vs WHU).

Ozil’s goal/assist contribution ratio in away games throughout his whole Arsenal career is 38% (dropping to ~20% in the last two seasons). Incidentally, of the 8 games he was available and Emery didn’t use him, 6 were away.

Make of that what you will, but it is quite insolent of you to call people hypocrites over all of this.

5 Likes

Is it really a conspiracy though? I find it quite dishonest from the posters here who wants to frame it otherwise.

It is really not a professional behaviour if the manager is acting on basis of financial benefits rather than on pitch performance.
Same goes for when Mourinho sent Schweinsteiger to reserve team. If you plan to offer a player the contract, don’t be unprofessional & try to get out of the said contract by underhanded tactics.

I don’t find it insolent to call fans hypocrite in this regards at all. There is an obvious difference in stance based on who benefits with the unprofessional behaviour. Fans react positively or negatively towards any action that is good for the club but that doesn’t mean they are not being a hypocrite.

As for stats, Ozil had multiple injuries in Wenger’s last season and still managed close to 3000 mins.
While in Emery’s season, he played 600 mins less. And plus the stats you showed anyway suggest clearly Emery played him far less than he would have if there was no financial motivation behind not using him.

I agree. But you’ve pulled the suggestion that that is what happened directly from your ass.

Oh yes completely out from my ass. It’s not like we have been discussing this the whole of last season

Literally the definition of conspiracy.

That’s a poll on an internet forum. It has no bearing on the actions of our teams manager.

I have to hand it to OA. Out of any subject of discussion, it always ends with everyone correcting each other about what they really meant. And who they meant, in what time they meant it and how they meant it. :joy: But either way they are wrong :unai:

3 Likes

:arteta::pires2:

You love to see it. Unless you’re hypocrisy immune like Trion of course

2 Likes

Most overrated CB by Arsenal fans. People used to speak about this guy like he was an elite level European CB.

4 Likes