Laurent Koscielny

I’ve always liked Koscielney and will go down as a modern great for us but he should have dealt with this in a better way, I get he wants to leave but this wasn’t the way

2 Likes

What a twat, not only is he pulling this but he’s waited until after the summer break to tell the club he wants to leave.

I doubt he has a legal leg to stand on

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less if you have or haven’t - are you expecting me to point you in the direction of each individual Arsenal fan who has? Because I’m not going to do that.

@BigWeng_4LYFE tell him how you view him.

I rate Sokratis. Without him we’d be much worse off. He does what he can in a defence which is protected by Xhaka ffs lol.

6 Likes

Yeh Sokratis and Holding were really solid for a period before Xmas.

2 Likes

It isn’t just the money - it is also getting all the various deals done in an intelligent way in time and not completely jacking the balance… teams don’t clear everyone out and then start over with a fresh 200 million like you can in FM.

We need better CBs but we aren’t getting them right now it seems - we have tons of needs… I can see the criticism of Kos as key player big picture, but that criticism could apply to so many f*ing players on our team it isn’t even funny and he is WAY down the list of worries going into this season if he is 3rd/4th option.

It just seems like the most random and odd thing to bash the CURRENT regime on for as well - they have had control for ONE season - no factor in Koss’s existing contract AND when you have a solid Arsenal veteran who has 2 years left and probably that is it for him physically going into your first year in control - with our SHAMBLES of a squad, Koss would be way down on any reasonable person’s list.

We have Mavro, Moose, Chambers, theoretically Zech Medley - wtf are we doing with these guys? Holding is injured for a bit so that really throws a wrench in things because we literally have no one I would rely on beyond Sokratis and Holding other than Koss honestly… maybe give Chambers a chance at times, but FFS it is a giant mess that has been inherited… papered over slightly by adding Sokratis, who is probably our best CB, and yeah that is a sad state of affairs.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be all that difficult to point out one “section” of Arsenal fans who “glorify” Sokratis. Unless by “glorify” you mean think he’s decent enough. Nobody said he was Tony Adams. In fact, I specifically said he wasn’t. But he’s decent enough for now until Arsenal can get the team rebuilt. He and Holding are the two I wouldn’t be anxious to get rid of this summer. If you have a different opinion, that’s fine. But there’s no need to mischaracterize what people are saying.

1 Like

I’m not mischaracterising anything.

1 Like

Then you would think it wouldn’t be all that difficult to cite one little example of Arsenal fans glorifying Sokratis.

It’s not difficult, I just have no intentions of helping you out.

I think Sokratis is world class.

3 Likes

FTFY

1 Like

I’d check the players thread there was pictures of him as s Spartan warrior at one time.
Wasn’t the Baku, Rennes or Anfield I’m sure.

I didn’t realize Spartan warriors were world class at football haha :joy:

1 Like

Sparta Prauge have their own team.

4 Likes

Don’t take the fucking painkillers and you can’t play. Entirely on the player this one.

No CL football. Time to join the team that finished 14th in France. :gunnersaurus:

3 Likes

Nobody is asking for your help. I just wondered if you had any actual evidence for your ridiculous claim or if you were just chatting crap. Obviously it was the latter.

When he performs even half as what Koscielny used to at his best, I will take this comment seriously