Laurent Koscielny

Lol ok then :thinking:

I mean you quite literally asked me to point you in the direction of where these things were being said but :man_shrugging:t2:

I was asking for evidence, not for ā€œhelp.ā€ Clearly you have no evidence. Youā€™re just chatting crap.

Youā€™re actually an idiot.

Clever argument.

Wrighty getting dangerously close to Sol Cambell territory there. Honestly who gives a fuck, the reality is if we had to rely on Koz this season weā€™d be fucked. Getting rid and getting a new CB was the logical decision before and itā€™s the logical decision now.

2 Likes

@Moondoggie look man, I feel your vibe, Iā€™ve felt the need to jump in when I sensed a strawman in someone saying that everyone rated Sokratis as being some sort of defensive God.

But @SRCJJ isnā€™t going that far, heā€™s just saying some Arsenal fans have glorified him too much. That is true, and I put that on myself too btw. Last season he was decent most of the time, because our team are a bunch of useless cunts, a lot of us gave him more praise than we would have done in different circumstances. Thatā€™s all heā€™s getting at, and you can see plenty of evidence of his point if you just check the Sokratis thread and a couple of match day threads. Lots of us are giving it the ā€œBEASTā€ treatment simply because heā€™s not as big a cunt as Mustafi. Just go check it out, he doesnā€™t really have to go quote it when you can find it that easily.

Its not that deep man, thereā€™s no need for both of you to be warring over this.

Iā€™m guilty of it myself, last season heā€™d have a decent gameand weā€™d keep a clean sheet and because he isnā€™t Mustafi Iā€™d be thinking ā€œFucking get in you big, tough, beautiful Greek malakasā€

I donā€™t think itā€™s much deeper than that man :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Note the two words I bolded. I have no problem with anyone saying he was praised too much. That may be the case (although at times he deserved praise, while at others he deserved ridicule). But glorification is to do so in an almost worshipful manner. The word he used takes it to an extreme and ridiculous level. He was praised ā€“ maybe overly so ā€“ but certainly not glorified.

Sorry, but words have been my profession for quite a few decades. There is a difference between these two words. Thierry Henry was glorified. Sokratis was not.

Iā€™d also point out he is praised largely b/c he is better than the other dross we have and at minimum is semi-competentā€¦ it is sort of like how we praise our last transfer window b/c it looks really good compared to the shambles of the last x number of years.

Anyway, I donā€™t actually think anyone disagrees with the basic premise that a) Sokratis is at least competent for AFC and b) he is one of our top 2 CB.

1 Like

This post is precisely why youā€™re an idiot.

I hear you, what youā€™re saying about the ā€œworshipful mannerā€ definitely fits that first definition, but the second one, doesnā€™t seem a million miles off what I think his point is.

But yeah, Iā€™m guilty if the very same thing, but I think youā€™re being too eager to engage in semantics because of your profession. Donā€™t be so literal, try to take words in the fashion theyā€™re intended, and I donā€™t think his phrasing will be so outrageous to you. Its clear what glorify means in this context, it means overly praised, its a fair point.

Again, disclaimer, Iā€™m a pedantic cunt so not having a go at you for here.

Sticking with the clever comebacks I see.

I wouldnā€™t have pressed it had he not been such an ass about me saying that I couldnā€™t think of anyone who had glorified Sokratis. But I realize he has a tendency to be overblown in his statements, evidenced by his assertion that the past 9 years had been Arsenalā€™s ā€œworst years.ā€

Ay, fair play man, I shoulda just left you two to it from the start

Crack on fella, youā€™ve returned to the forum on a mad one and I respect that

1 Like

Itā€™s been fun. Mostly.

1 Like

At least @ me, idiot :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Why? Didnā€™t think you were that interested or wanted to be bothered. Make up your mind.

I for one worship at the church of Sokratis. Big sexy greek bastard.

4 Likes

I think this is the problem.
Sokratis is competent but only as a squad player and third choice CB.

The fact that he could be our best CB next season is absolutely ridiculous, even by our low standards.

What other club can boast players as average as Sokratis and Mustafi as their starting CBā€™s?

3 Likes

Yeah well the real problem with that pairing is Moose lolā€¦ we have needed upgrades all over the damn pitch except striker and maybe GK.

1 Like