La Liga

La Liga said it would take “appropriate legal action” if any hate crime is identified and called on people to submit any relevant footage.

The statement said it had been proactive after previous racist abuse against Vinicius, and had filed nine reports in the last two seasons to legal authorities in Spain.

Oh you filed 9 reports? Nobel peace prize coming to La liga!

Wonder which basement cabinet they’re tucked away in.

1 Like

Wow. Nine whole reports? Bravo.

You gotta create an incentive for teams to care about this stuff. Games played behind closed doors or even point deductions are incredibly blunt instruments but sometimes you really do need a sledgehammer and not a scalpel.

2 Likes

Had Pepe and Ramos been there punches would be flying.

I have to say, miracle CL run from last season aside, this iteration of Madrid is really tough to like.
They’re just nowhere near 3peat Madrid or Mou Madrid.

Team is fucking dull, it is just missing something. Benzie ain’t a leader.
Low-key feel the old guard should now go.
Karim, Luka, Toni and the rest.
The rebuild can’t come soon enough.

As usual talking shit about things you think you know

Yeah, that’s incredibly ignorant of you @sevchenko. If you had the slightest clue what you’re talking about, you’d know that Portugal is by far the worst.

2 Likes

I’m actually talking about his Geography it’s technically southwestern and southern Europe :wink:

Quite shocking. On top of the racism, a Valencia player had his arm around Vinicius’s neck for about 10 seconds.

https://twitter.com/millar_colin/status/1660353944663597059?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA
https://twitter.com/hltco/status/1660368621049200641?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA

That’s about three Man U accounts I’ve seen doing this.

Desperate little bitches trying to leverage the racist abuse he is getting to develop a bond with the player.

As if some chronic masturbator running a twitter account from mum’s basement is going to be the one to sway him to join Man U :sweat_smile:

https://twitter.com/UtdPlug/status/1660540563098148868

1 Like

If somebody grabs me round the neck like that you better believe they’re getting a punch rather than the friendly little slap vini gave. Thought he was quite calm given the circumstances.

Ref should have some judgement in that scenario and either send both off or understand the scenario that the action from vini doesn’t happen without the neck grab first, choose an appropriate action based on that not just ‘hands to the face’ generic rule (laughable anyway that hands to the neck is is apparently fine).

VAR didn’t help not showing the ref the full replay though.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/vinijr/status/1660743682461519872?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

2 Likes

Disgusting country

1 Like

They can pronounce a double L though so they have that going for them.

1 Like

Unfortunately places like Italy and Spain are still very racist places. It will take quite some time and education to reduce it.

I am glad Ancelotti was having none of it and gave shit to all these dumbass reporters.

I think you mean disgusting football fans

I think it’s fair to view football crowds as reflections of the societies they come from.

1 Like

The question is, why Vini is the only player being targeted?
You have Militao, Rudiger, Tchoumani, Fati, Balde, Kounde… And many others who haven’t had any complaints.

Racism is unacceptable whatsoever and it is not the way to respond to Vini’s provocative actions on the pitch against fans. He should look at his attitude because he’ll be abused by opposition fans (not racially) anywhere he goes.

1 Like

No it doesn’t are you saying the whole of Spain is a disgusting racist country?
You don’t see this in any other sports in Spain nor do you see it on the general street level either
Some of these other fans have the name’s of other black players on the their shirts.

When you hear homophobic and anti semitic chanting at games in England would you say England is a disgusting homophobic anti semitic country?

1 Like

Just because you arent aware of others facing racist abuse doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. This was barely a month ago

Do we now start asking what Rudiger has done to provoke this abuse, like you are for Vinicius?

3 Likes

Also I’d argue it doesn’t really change the fact at all even if it were the case.

Abusing one black man racially vs abusing 100 people for the same thing is still racism.

2 Likes

It’s not.

Also it’s not acceptable regardless, why Valencia fans are so thick watching their own player yunus musah (also black fyi) mark vini jr on the corner and think ‘ah yeah let’s call Madrid’s guy a monkey’ like that’s okay??

So they only like black players who play for them? Or is it just til musah makes an error then he’s a monkey too?

It’s just pathetic and I’m sorry but I don’t buy it being just the football fans either. Maybe they are the worst of it and encourage it more, but there’s no way it just happens to be football fans that decide to be racist, these things are learned from wider society.