La Liga

Yeah perfect timing for them to try and shift Griezmann and/or Demeble from their books. Haven’t seen the video myself but guessing it was pretty bad based on the reaction

Outright racism from the pair. It’s kind of ironic that Dembele is the type to stay stand up against racism and Griezmann himself took the stance to protect his black team mates.

It seems to me that for some of these athletes, racism against black people is the only one that’s sensitive enough for them. It’s anything goes for people like the Chinese.

6 Likes

The video is from 2019

Right on cue

Yeah that’s really bad, surprised more hasn’t been made of it over here tbh. Not only is it blatant racism but the attitude to the staff is disgusting. A bit of money really does get some people’s heads.

Hopefully there is some form of retrospective punishment but i wouldn’t hold my breathe.

7 Likes

Makes me even more glad that France got dumped out of the Euros.

Even if they deny it’s racism, it shows them to be horrible on a human level. Arrogant, entitled piss ants.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah I remember Capello wanted to move Casillas on and replace him with Diego Lopez (which ironically is what Jose did all those years later).

But Capello had to convince the club to let him keep Raul.

I do agree that Casillas was honestly hugely overrated. I never got the comparisons between him and Buffon - they didn’t compare. Buffon was miles ahead of him

7 Likes

If that was said in 2006, why was Casilla still there for another 9 years

Shifting him was not an easy task, he was an icon at the club. I think I remember reading that the reason he lasted so long was because of his standing amongst supporters who idolised him.

1 Like

Looks like Barça and Atleti have agreed a swap with Griezmann for Saul.

Seems really weird to me, but can only imagine that Barça are doing it to get his wages off the book. I actually feel that some of his performances were not bad, certainly not at the level of his for France but still good.

Atletico look well placed to defend their title right now, shows what a club can do when you have knowledgeable people run it…

2 Likes

Good move, Simeone got a lot out of Griezmann and Atletico can’t rely on Suarez like that again. Great title win but it got very dicey.

Griezmann will probably be happy to return too.

2 Likes

The best thing about football news lately have been these Perez leaks :ozil:

https://twitter.com/InfiniteMadrid/status/1415190859423928320?s=19

https://twitter.com/theMadridZone/status/1415917362042318851?s=19

3 Likes

:ginger:

Ridiculous, Alaba doesn’t even have that super star marketable presence, where you can say that Madrid can get some of that money back in shirt sales or social media reach.

2 Likes

I guess when you spend money you don’t have it doesn’t really matter what value you get

Sounds like shit went down over in Spain today.

Comunicado Oficial

Barca are a shambles :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Blessing in disguise.

Aguero to PSG?

Just gotta double check the ffp first :innocent:

4 Likes