La Liga

Yeah I saw the report. If he’s banking on a rebuild off the sale of Coutinho, Griez, Firpo and etc., he’s got another thing coming.

There is no market for those two big flops. They won’t recoup money. They’re going to have to take their medicine on that.

I also don’t know if Cules would embrace a pressing style which I think is pretty integral to the RB system.

The best part is that it would keep him away from taking a job in England while we putter around with Coach Smooth Brain.

Dembele
Coutinho
Griezmann
Firpo

Should all be out the door.

Messi contract should not be renewed in Barcelona current financial state. It’s implausible that he’ll drop his wage and spending another £100m a season when they’re so deep in the red doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Another Atletico draw today. Crazy. They’ve really bottled this if Barcelona win they’re only 4 points behind.

Simeone in the mud if he fumbles this to such bad Barcelona and Real teams.

4 Likes

I’m sure other lenders/comparable companies will work with Barcelona easier now because its him back as chairman. That gives them more confidence than a Bartomeu. Let’s not forget when he got voted in the first time Barcelona was a financial mess too. These are familiar grounds somewhat. The situation might be worse now, but I don’t think they really have too worry.

No doubt. They should chop Pjanic too along with Busquets, Pique and that small rodent Jordi Alba. Those last three plus Messi are who allegedly control the dressing room.

Messi leaving would relieve so much pressure I think. I think it might be worth keeping Dembele. Despite always getting shit in Barney Ronay’s match write ups (seriously, what did he do to Barney Ronay?) the dude has been injured a lot and I think he’s having a pretty good season. I’d want to see him on a team without Messi and the weird gravitational pull that always happens when Messi’s on the pitch.

2 Likes

Why is Simeone struggling to get over the line here, it’s not like he hasn’t done this before. Bizarre.

1 Like

I’m not sure this Barca team is as bad as I initially thought though, they played PSG off the park in that 2nd leg and are something like 12-3-0 in their last 15 league games with an impressive GD.

By Barca standards it’s pretty poor yeah, I just initially thought they were substantially worse, or maybe it just speaks volumes about how good Messi is.

3 Likes

Dembele has a year left, they’ll be forced to renew as you aren’t gonna let him enter the final 12 months and go for zero.

It’s hard to get rid of all barring Firpo tbh, the way they’ve screwed themselves over finally is truly something else. Were really out here spending like it’s monopoly money.

1 Like

They will be mediocre with him gone.

Will be very interesting to see what happens to him now that he’s declared for the US and if Valencia go down.

That Hazard deal will go down as the biggest flop in football.

1 Like

Such a shame to see a talent like him fade out like this. I was excited to see him perform in Spain too.

2 Likes

He was inconsistent at Chelsea and rode the typical Chelsea boom-bust cycle as they went through a few coaches and bought their way out of trouble.

If he wasn’t injured as much people would really see what a fraud he is but since he never plays the Griezmann deal gets way more scrutiny. (Both are awful deals)

He was always somewhat out of shape at Chelsea and there was an article when he joined Madrid that he just doesn’t really give a shit about staying in shape. That can’t possibly help prevent injuries.

On a personal note I have aggravated the psoas and piriformis in the past. Such a frustrating injury to rehab. Took basically six weeks of no running.

1 Like

This is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Cool but bit excessive

1 Like

Hazard’s injury record at Chelsea was absolutely unreal, no real way of knowing it would turn out like this for Real Madrid.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s why I personally wouldn’t compare the deal to that of Griezmann (not too sure on how the figures vary for both). Griezmann has been fit pretty much all throughout his time there yet has seriously under delivered.

Hazard has just been unlucky, I know there were concerns about using weight after the summer he joined but that seemed a bit ridiculous lol

That said, overall Real Madrid’s transfer business hasn’t been too far off the levels of Barça…

Like for the CJ gif. Did not read post.

1 Like

Some of the hills you are prepared to die on are incredible to me ;). In his seven seasons at Chelsea he only had two where he scored less than 12 League goals and every season he had a handful of assists to go with those goals. He was their best player in a pretty succesful stint…

He did have a reputation of being lazy as fuck in training. I think even some of his teammates come out and said that. That has probably caught up with him.

4 Likes

Messi has scored his 20th La Liga goal of the season meaning he’s now scored 20+ goals for 13 consecutive league seasons.

Insanity.

4 Likes