La Liga

Koeman at least played under Johan Cruyff so understands the clubs footballing philosophy. And he did a decent job at lesser clubs.

They won’t employ Arteta who’s failed in his one job.

I suppose we can’t say Arteta has failed until his tenure is over.

1 Like

Looool it is like a soap opera over in Barcelona

5 Likes

Wtf :joy:

@InvincibleDB10 call the police on Kroenke now for crimes against the Arsenal

Any club that is in as much debt as Barcelona with revenue as high as them is clearly being financially mismanaged so this is not surprising.

Circus.

6 Likes

In case you’re getting notifications saying I’m editing your post, I just tried to fix the twitter embed not working by fiddling with the URL. Not sure why it isn’t embedding as it usually does

1 Like

It would be one of my favourite football memories if somehow they just went under. Sure they’re too big to fail but they’re in such a fucking mess, I can’t think of any team more deserving of not existing.

Don’t worry I fixed it. :sunglasses:

If it’s more than one line down from the other text it doesn’t embed properly for some reason.

2 Likes

Hmm, I just edited the post again to add in an extra line and its still successfully embedded.

Oh well, not gonna trouble myself too much as its not an issue thats ever come up before ha

Thing with Barcelona is they lost so much humility and identity over the last decade. Part of it sad tbh because the achievement and beliefs instilled by Cruyff and that first European cup win was a beautiful football moment in many ways. That philosophy and understanding being taken on by Pep set the stage for one of the all time great football teams and giving the stage for Messi to express and show his true talent to the world.
You have too be happy too have lived and seen that though.
Everything off the field though then has become ugly and they’ve sold their soul as a club and it’s been bloody ugly to see.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know, I’m a miserable old man as I’m sure many of my comments reflect, but seeing them resort to cheating and diving in amongst their amazing players just left a very bad taste in the mouth. Needing referees to get past many teams including Milan and arsenal I just can’t ever respect them.

That and, if I’m honest, their tiki taka after the 2009? Final against manutd, just became attritional, where they would tire teams out by passing the ball constantly, then strike once their opponents were exhausted.

Don’t get me wrong it required them to be completely on their game and everyone fantastic at passing and positioning for 90 minutes, and some great goals were scored, but something about it was just a bit cowardly for me.

3 Likes

Real Madrid behind against Sociedad.

Martin Braithwaite puts Barca through to the Copa Del Rey final with a 95th minute winner.

I revel in Barcelona’s unravelling but it’s nice seeing Braithwaite performing well for Barcelona after how much grief he got for transferring to them from Leganes last season.

Can’t have been easy moving to Barcelona with so many people calling you shit and rooting for you to fail, but he’s apparently been quite good as a utility forward/super sub and gained the respect of Barca fans.

2 Likes

I honestly think part of it is to do with his name. Sounds like a plumber from Burnley.

4 Likes

Haha yeah it’s certainly not a particularly Danish name, apart from Martin lol

Sounds more Irish or Scottish or something

1 Like

His father isn’t Danish though, is he? So the surname wouldn’t be either. Think I remember reading his dad was from Guyana.

There is a village in Yorkshire called Slaithwaite. I bet you’ve no idea how we pronounce it…

1 Like

Is it pronounced “Brexit means Brexit”?

10 Likes

Ahh so he is! Didn’t realise that I thought it was his mum that was foreign.

Tony Pullis likes this post

2 Likes