La Liga

Astounding levels of cuntitude. Bravo Griezmann

1 Like
3 Likes

Looks as if the club will be Barça but wouldn’t suprise me if it’s Madrid

What does he deposit Is he gonna pay it himself?!

I guess so, that’s how the Neymar transfer ex Barca worked didn’t it. I think

So Barca get him for nothing or do they give him the transfer fee back haha

So Barca will basically give him his contract a with a €120mill ‘signing on fee’ or ‘signing on bonus’ etc. which he can then use to buy himself out of his current contract at Atletico effectively making him a free agent :exploding_head::exploding_head:

I guess it’s a way of being evasive with FFP in terms of what you spend.

@ljungbergkamp may correct me on this though

La Liga is a bit weird isn’t it?!

Not really. FFP isn’t interested in transfer fees as such.

I don’t think Barca give the player the money either. That would have all sorts of crazy tax implications I would imagine. There are probably shell companies and the likes involved to deal with all this.

1 Like

Ah ok, fair enough :blush: That’s where I was confused in the other topic when they used the term ‘income’ with regards to FFP which is very open ended.

Regarding the intricacies, I’m sure you’re certainly right. Was just trying to put the deal into context for a simpleton like me.

The buyout clause gets deposited with the league (La Liga) who then release the player from his contract. After this the league pass the money on to the selling club.

1 Like

So Real lost at home again

What a shit club

Real Madrid are lucky that La Liga’s top 4 race emulated that of the PL. They finish on 68 points. Last year 4th place had 73. The year before 72. In 2014/15 Sevilla had 76 points and finished 5th!

2 Likes

Madrid have no shame. Bale and Cristiano shown 0 respect after delivering them with B2B UCL wins.

4 Likes

Pretty dramatic, that. RM are ofc notoriously harsh and so on but Bale according to Spanish journos throughout his stay, hasn’t done much to fit in in all the years he’s been there, as in learn Spanish, hang out with people, gel with managers etc. and you can tell on the pitch, he just does his own thing down the right flank season in and out when he’s fit, doesn’t really celebrate with the team and they don’t really do it with him much either.

And even if RM are ruthless in their treatment, hard-balling a club back in public, with which you never really fully got along with, is a pretty stupid move no matter how you perform on the pitch… saying you’d rather sit on your arse and collect money for years says something about his character.

But it is a curious case though, I never thought Bale was that kind of person, not that I have much of a picture of him to be fair. I rarely give a shite about players life stories after their career unless they’re Arsenal, but I would love to hear him talk about his tenure at RM and his perspective of what happened behind the scenes in some longer interview after he has retired from football. Wouldn’t read a whole fucking book about it but would listen to an interview.

4 Likes

Hah, hope those Bale comments are accurate. :laughing:

3 Likes

It could be indicative of his character, or maybe it’s him talking a tough game and trying to force their hand, letting them know he won’t go quietly or on their terms. I would suspect that that’s what is happening here, rather than him genuinely being absolutely fine with doing fuck all for three years. But I don’t know all that much about him, so I’m just speculating here.

Fair play to him though, they gave him the contract so if they want him out they need to make it worth his while. See no reason why he should take it lying down.

2 Likes

yeah no I absolutely agree, I love the idea that he stands up for himself, and I agree that he could say that. Just maybe to them, not to a radio channel lol but maybe that’s where the story gets shady.

Agree with what you’ve said but those quotes look fake to me. Would be astonishing if they are true but I doubt it