Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

Surprised this thread hasn’t got a “fuck out” yet, which it rightly deserves. The guy just doesn’t care about Arsenal, and is arguably the root of all our problems, when you think about it. Is Liverpool’s revival in recent years a miracle? Hardly. Mike Gordon flies into Liverpool just for regular meetings nearly killing himself in plane crashes while Stan rarely bothers turning up for games. And how often do clubs with disinterested owners do well in the league/Europe? Not very often. Similar to how Mike Ashley dragged Newcastle into the mud. Not surprising then that you don’t see mangoes grow on an orange tree. You reap what you sow and so on. The guy is cancer imo. We probably can’t do anything to get this guy out right now, but the day an owner with a true interest of the club in his heart walks in, I’m certain we’ll be back in the big times.

2 Likes

There’s no argument about it.
He is.
With him as an owner, we’re going nowhere.

3 Likes

KSE can fuck out too

4 Likes

Big, BIG future ahead for the Denver Nuggets.

Lock down Guendouzi, Martinelli and Saliba on 6 year deals.

Sell them 2-3 seasons down the line:

Martinelli - £200m
Guendouzi - £150m
Saliba - £100m

That’s £450m in cold hard cash, half a billion dollars give or take.

That’s basically a third of a new stadium for the Nugs! Get the city to pay for the other two thirds with tax payer money and woooooo boy the Nuggets are set up for a big boost in revenue and it won’t have cost Stan a dime.

Wow I can barely contain myself, the future is bright for the Denver Nuggets with Kroenke at the helm!

4 Likes

I know this is tongue in cheek but kroenke has never taken money out of the club for any purchases for other clubs

Fuck out of here

1 Like

why? it is the truth

I read this morning that a Nigerian billionaire may make an offer for the club next year. It’s also suggested that it may take a £2 billion offer to secure it although I don’t think the club is remotely worth that for an investor.

If so it shows what a huge profit Kroenke could make for doing such a terrible job in his tenure as main owner.

Alongside this I see we report a loss for the first time in a long time. I hope this will motivate him to sell although cash reserves mean there is no short term crisis.

The sooner he goes the better although it’ll be a scandal if he banks a billion pound profit while fans have paid a fortune to see the club decline significantly on the pitch.

1 Like

You really haven’t done the math, have you?

No to mention:

1 Like

He paid an alleged £435m for the initial 67 percent and then £550m for the rest - total £985m

So £2bn would leave a billion profit.

I did do the maths based on my understanding of what he paid for it. So I don’t know why you think I haven’t?

And you have factored in opportunity cost of normal investments and what that return would look like?

It has been a decent investment, but not an amazing one by any stretch. It is a myth that sports teams are in general… frankly he is lucky Arsenal is a bit of an outlier, but still a team that is losing money this last year and probably next year. Its also a myth that they come with no risk; however, there are mitigating factors there (it is somewhat of a monopoly).

EVEN if we ignore the 550 million he spent later, just the 427 or so million invested in 2011 (or before - and I will ignore the fact that this is understating the investment) would be worth 2.2 billion with a 20% return.

If I add in the 550 million (you do realize he bought those shares at a valuation of almost 2 billion, right?) and plug in the timing, I only need to get to 13% annual return (lower than index fund returns during that period) to hit 2 billion, and again that doesn’t account for the fact that Kroenke actually started to put some money in all the way back in 2007.

Most mega-rich park their money with PE, hedge funds, or other vehicles, disappointed if they aren’t getting at least 20% annually… the targets we have in my company are basically to triple valuation in 3-5 years.

427 1.13 2011
482.51 1.13 2012
545.2363 1.13 2013
616.117019 1.13 2014
696.2122315 1.13 2015
786.7198216 1.13 2016
888.9933984 1.13 2017
1554.56254 1.13 2018
1756.65567 1.13 2019
1985.020908 1.13 2020
4 Likes

Yes I’ve worked for PE and family offices of the mega rich billionaire families.

My experience is the hurdle rate is set at 8 percent and they’re very happy once they go over that. 20 percent every year would be incredible.

They’ll tell you they need a higher rate because they’ll have pups in their portfolio and because they like to target more.

But actually you’re talking like Kroenke is doing us a favour by buying the club and deserves a return. The club is the fans. He’s not done a favour. He’s not put any money into the club - in fact he just pays down debt with fans money so he can use more leverage in KSE to finance his purchases of shares.

He’s also done a completely shit job in giving fans who pay the highest price in the land good value on the field of play.

In my book that justifies him earning nothing at all rather than doubling his money for a billion pound return.

2 Likes

If they are super conservative, yes… long-term index funds do better than 8 percent FFS.

Like I said, the investment Kroenke made was worse than index funds during the same period and he now owns an asset of great value that is actually losing money.

No disagreement that he carries responsibility for the football at the end of the day - at least in the long-run… and that has been shambolic.

I fucking love this.

The big dick, give me my bonus, finance bros are both going head to head in a war about who better understands the world of big business.

I couldn’t be more out of my element whilst being very entertained than I am right now.

1 Like
1 Like

My owner :heart_eyes: @kroenkeinplease

10 Likes

Ffs worthless American owners RUINING the game!

:ozil:

Nice!

Should spark rumours of us signing Mbappe and Neymar in a world record double swoop.

3 Likes

Sure he can afford it with all that TP sold in wallmart

So it appears our club wants our players to take a 12% pay cut. Other clubs boards have proposed deferals or cuts as choices, but ours has only offered players cuts.

This is even before the club has recorded any losses thus far. The players didn’t take this well apparently as they see it as the board trying to restructure the club/wage bill using the current situation as a mask.

Our players have asked why other clubs have been offered deferals but Arsenal’s player have only been offered wage cuts. Bit of a stand off atm. In the mean time Arsenal players were also also to donate one weeks wages to help cover costs of the lower earners in the club

• From the Ornstein and Chapman podcast