Kenny Sansom

Does anybody know how Arsenal legend Kenny Sansom is getting on with his life now ? Last I heard he had reached rock bottom and was sleeping rough .
Hope Kenny is back on track with his life .

2 Likes

Some reports out there he has been suffering some forms of early dementia sadly.
Excessive drinking can be a contributing factor and this could be the cause of the onset.

4 Likes

This is sad , very sad .
Kenny was a brilliant brilliant footballer.
I knew his life has and had fallen apart and there’s been several offers to help him . Even Jeremy Kyle had everything in place to help an England footballing legend and Kenny walked off , refusing help .
Sad

1 Like

Love Kenny. Great guy, great LB.

2 Likes

Well slightly good news on this Ash it’s a treatable and reversible strand of dementia. Being cared for by family and carers. Maybe take the positive he has maybe built some bridges with family at last.
More than the individual suffers through alcoholism that’s for sure.

2 Likes

That is positive news .
I knew his family had tried to help but the demon drink fought them away .
I can’t imagine Arsenal hasn’t offered help in someway .

1 Like

Think Palace are more supportive. Think we have tried and been refuted by him in the past.

2 Likes

I bet Adams would have smashed down walls to get Kenny sorted .
Fingers crossed for Kens recovery

3 Likes

Great to hear :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

He’s looking well :grin:

4 Likes

Fantastic news .
What a wonderful player . One of the greats .
That’s made my Easter .

3 Likes
2 Likes

Coincidently, I was reading about his career on Wikipedia this morning.

Second most capped full back for England (when it actually meant something) and only 11 players have won more caps than him for England.

Hope he gets well soon but dementia, unfortunately, only goes one way.

4 Likes

Unfortunately yeah. The legend that is Gerd Muller suffers terribly with it and has for years.

2 Likes

Brilliant striker who I feel, almost through a sense of xenophobia, isn’t given enough credence on these shores.

2 Likes

Most natural born goal scorer ever. Won’t see worldies on his videos but you can’t teach an instinct like that.
68 goals in 62 matches for the national team.

3 Likes

Fair shout, that.

Not to derail this thread from a wonderful left back we had, an excellent servant to whom we all wish the very best of health, but I’d put Greaves, Muller and Ronaldo up there as the greatest natural goalscorers.

2 Likes

And Pele but yeah hard to look past them players.

2 Likes

One of the best .

2 Likes

Just googled this and supposedly his illness is a brain disorder and a “form” of dementia and that it is treatable and reversible. Hope he overcomes this and gets better, really sad how alcohol fucked this guys life.

1 Like