Kalidou Koulibaly

He finally gets his move.

Been linked with a big transfer every summer for about 10 seasons now.

2 Likes

Only left because everyone at Napoli is expected to take a wage cut

I feel very sad about this. A player I like and who I love watching play has joined a club so noxious it should come with a FDA warning. I hope he fails.

He was cooked early on in the match when Aaronson ran past him. The second one was so stupid and unnecessary.

Hopefully he continues having an awful time. That backline is looking a little old rn.

said this guy is crap (well not CRAP but massively hyped)…i reckon he will be murdered in the EPL

Overhyped I don’t think so, he’s was class for Napoli. As for playing for Chelsea in the PL only time will tell.

1 Like

Early days but I’m not sure he fits within the team that well. Silva, Jorginho, Koulibaly is a lot of old legs for a team that wants to press high and play a higher risk game. The fact that Tuchel feels the need to play James at RCB to get a more dynamic athlete into the back line says a lot and creates its own problem as you’re now taking your best player and not getting the most out of him.

Alot of money spent on him too
Hope he flops, his age is questioned and Chelsea disappear even further down the table.

Tuchel should drop the back 3, move to a back 4 after signing another CB to partner Koulibaly and from there just change the entire approach and setup.

You can have a dynamic James at RB, Koulibaly and a CB partner and the left you’ve got Chilwell and Cucurella.

It also allows them to have a 3 man midfield and a 3 man front like both of which will benefit a lot of their existing talent.

That Chelsea team is built for 4-3-3 but he’s doing everything asidefrom what h

They probably need another wide player who isn’t an attacking mid. To me it feels like Mount and Havertz are best deployed in that sort of 10 or second striker type role. Sterling is really their only proper wide player and they still lack a proper striker.

1 Like