Kalidou Koulibaly

Imagine in another world where Koulibaly is Mustafi and Mustafi is Koulibaly. :thinking:

OA from another world “we should have signed Mustafi instead ffs”

2 Likes

Barcelona would have the Argentinean Iwobi :grin:

And stoke would play swashbuckling breathtaking football :henry2:

1 Like

Imagine thinking we’ll invest in an already established star, and a defender no less without selling first.
That Auba type signing was the last you’ll see. Nowadays it’s gonna be some Juve 101 shit, paying 20 million in installments, like we did with Torreira. :joy::joy:

If wishes were horses Kalidou would be a Gunner

They want Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli to bring that injection of leadership and send a message to the rest of the squad and to the rest of the Premier League.

Despite the genuine anger at City over the Jorginho affair, they are willing to negotiate with Napoli. There is a difference of opinion over the fee, with the Italians prepared to let him go for €80 million and City not quite there yet. But with the maxim that they “don’t want another Maguire”, it’s a reasonable expectation that they will pay up.

Clearly, City’s pursuit of two top centre-backs is not good news for John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi. A source close to the City coaching staff says their four centre-backs next season will be Koulibaly (or alternative), Laporte, Ake and Eric Garcia (and/or Fernandinho, depending on whether Barcelona make a serious move to tempt the 19-year-old Garcia back to the Nou Camp).

Athletic.

Might as well call it a wrap. PL Champions 20/21.

1 Like

Laporte and Koulibaly would be the best CB partnership in the PL by a country mile

3 Likes

I dunno. It’d be a close run thing between them and Ogbonna and Diop.

We need this to drag on all summer so we can have a run at Gabriel without Napoli involved

1 Like

What…better than Luiz and Mustafi?..are you sure?

You know I think ADL has a reputation for refusing to pay above the odds for a player (although that might just have been ripped up with his purchase of Osimehn for an obscene sum). So I think even if they do sell Koulibaly tomorrow he’s unlikely to part with a tremendous amount more than what’s been quoted for Gabriel.

Wonder if he will ever get a move, or if he even wants a move? 31 this year. Barely gets linked to anyone nowadays.

He’s always been content to stay at Napoli and Napoli have always wanted VVD + money for him and his age didn’t make that feasible.

Think his best chance of a move was when Napoli signed Manolas (lol) and if a club was ready to pay €100m they’d have got him.

Still really really good and among the best in the world.

1 Like

Never got the hype tbh. But I based that entirely on us brushing aside Napoli in the Europa League when he was being rated at £80million or whatever.

Which is it? :grin:

Yeah, I remember him looking a bit dodgy in those fixtures we played against them.

He wasn’t great back in 2016 haha. He’d had a season under Benitez where he looked raw and similar under Sarri. I remember his second season under Sarri he started to develop and suddenly he looked outrageously consistent

1 Like

He’s gonna be captain once Insigne goes, he’s got a good life in Napoli