Kai Havertz (29)

Too much that’s for sure

1 Like

I think it was €60m for Madrid. I presume it’ll be higher for us.

Seeing how they’re not budging on the £80m they’re asking for Mount, this wouldn’t be an easy deal to pull off.

I put no based on the price it would take for Chelsea to sell him, wouldn’t mind him here

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1668934967072571393?t=0U_Y-Z16HEzb8S1IPRnjuw&s=19
:eyes:

Expect the next The Athletic piece about Rice to talk a bit more about the Havertz interest then.

Classic take from the Bootlicker in Chief. The club can have solid talent ID and supporters can still be skeptical about a signing. Even clubs with relatively great track records of talent ID make mistakes.

8 Likes

No. TRUST THE PROCESS!!!

Trust but verify.

It is amusing that we slate all and sundry in the media for being anti-Arsenal and slate McNicholas for being a “boot licker” :joy:

Man’s got more insight and more intelligence about Arsenal than anyone on here but sure, he’s just a club mouthpiece.

2 Likes

Maybe he does have a special level of access given his brother is an agent. He certainly has more access than anyone here, but more intelligence? Eh. He’s got his opinions just like everyone else. Seems like a nice guy but he’s said some dumb shit down the years about our team just like we all do.

And yeah, it’s a bit of a running joke that he provides cover for the club in the press by writing almost universally positive pieces. I just think the binary he set up is bullshit. You can trust the club’s approach but still be skeptical about an individual signing.

1 Like

A lot of times I think binary choices are nonsense but in this case, I do think it’s a binary choice. The club has proven its recruiting very well and until it doesn’t that trust should be earned. Saying it’s not binary in this case seems to me to be a way of validating a less informed opinion than the club’s.

McNicholas’s opinions may not always be right but they’re always based on more information than anyone here’s are. I think saying he has dumb opinion “like we all do” suggests random fans opinions are worth as much as his is, which they aren’t. He’s in a more privileged, informed position.

It really isn’t.

You are welcome to say “I think we should trust the club because they have shown good talent ID in recent times” and that would be sound logic.

But one could also think the club has good talent ID as well as being skeptical of a specific potential deal. And that would be perfectly valid too. It’s absolutely not a binary choice.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/karthikadhaigal/status/1668965975730044928?t=yP807w8uPn_vn2-rBdvd0w&s=19

Just clocked the similar profile between Havertz, Kudus, Simons and even Mount. They can all play across the front 4. I’m all for giving us some more options in those positions.

Slowly warming up to this. I can see Arteta proving me wrong about the lad like he did with others.

Really hope no club bails these cunts out

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1668968289932853251?t=DpoE7ZidOBpkPRxx3RSxTw&s=19

3 Likes

So Arsenal would have to be prepared to pay around £55m-£60m given Madrid’s interest is slightly below that range

Olmo, Kudus, Diaby, Lindstrom just to name a few alternatives.

Pls no Havertz.

2 Likes

I’m not sure. Havertz is definitely not a LW and has been miscast as a CF at Chelsea. When he had his great years in the Bundesliga, he was a RW or right sided attacking midfielder. I think if we buy him, that’s the vision: Rotate with Saka and Odegaard.

These are his heat maps for his two (very successful) years at Leverkusen.

Basically, he is the player Arteta wanted Vieira to be, more of a scorer and less of a creator but occupying similar places on the pitch and a similar role in the squad. I think if we buy Havertz is essentially an admission that Vieira isn’t making it here.

2 Likes

Yeah, because they’ll be poor without the fee for Havertz

https://twitter.com/CFCPys/status/1668969689223946244?t=eZdaBoNkUozr6y2Zmwh5hg&s=19

It is funny. They can’t remain to stand their ground either way. Everyone is coy on their situation.

Fuck Chelsea, wankers.

6 Likes

It’s more about ffp