Kai Havertz (29)

Rather we got a proper centre forward to be honest.

We’ve got lots of players who can dance around the penalty area creating chances, we need a forward who can add height and power to our attack when it’s needed.

1 Like

I want him so I can get all Shakespearean when we play a big CL game.

“Kai Havertz! And let slip the dogs of war!”

2 Likes

32 goals in 139 appearances at Chelsea.

His versatility has to be the main reason Arteta is interested. But not an exciting signing despite the likely price tag and his well-known name.

Don’t want to give Chelsea a fucking dime either.

7 Likes

the guy is awful, no thanks

3 Likes

Havertz is almost as bad as Werner and they are two of the worst signings Chelsea have made.
He’s rarely shown that he is remotely top four quality so why would we want him?

He’s a good player, but the very last thing we need at the moment - a versatile forward with no set position on big wages. I’m happy with Trossard for that role and he’s not on big wages.

I always thought this was a car rental company

5 Likes

We really shouldn’t be bailing Chelsea out, whilst they’re in the mud. Clubs need to collectively let them rot for being the first reason why football is broken.

6 Likes

let them rot should not stop us to raid their players.

just low ball them till the last day or two before transfer window close.

if they don’t sell, so be it, this is the ultimate goal still.

1 Like

I would like us to sign him. This does not preclude me wanting us to take the piss on the fee.

Just curious, what do you actually like about him? I realize he’s been playing under different coaches and different systems but I just can’t see much to get really excited about.

Don’t Chelsea have to sell some players before 1st July to comply with FFP. I appreciate that one club I could mention just laughed at those rules but if true then there will be a low-ball offers for their players towards the end of June. Might be why Mount to Man Utd hasn’t happened yet.

It’s not even like whoever ends up signing him is getting an amazing deal, he won’t come cheap.

I’m with some of you, fuck him and fuck Chelsea.

2 Likes

Exactly my first thoughts on this.

We need an out an out goal scorer, which he isn’t. I don’t see him replacing Saka, Ode, or Martinelli so what’s the point in signing him? An expensive option from the bench? No thanks.

Ignoring where he is. He is a decent player and good for depth.

I did vote no in the poll yesterday but I would take a risk on him depending on the fee

Versatility, quality, experience are the factors for me.

Where does he play if he comes btw?

Such a move would require some serious dough in both fee and wages.
He wouldn’t move here unless he had assurances he would have a starring role and likewise the club would envision that too with such an investment.

Could he do a job as an advanced #8?

I quite like him he’s got something about him which I think can be coached out in a better environment.

However he’s not much of a finisher… him and Jesus in the same team missing chance after chance could induce serious head banging.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Teamnewsandtix/status/1668915271342645250

What are the rumors regarding the fee?