Julian Brandt

They cooled on Xhaka in similar fashion :grin:

Yeah I donā€™t want him now anymore.

The Mia San Mia mentality lmao, thatā€™s a funny tweet.

8 Likes

If Bayern donā€™t think a good Aryan has the Mia San Mia mentality and donā€™t want, then we should all steer clear imo.

3 Likes

May 2019 did you look at the date?

Yes, I saw it retweeted

1 Like

I am quite skeptical on this guy tbh. I watched a lot of BVB games and he seems to fall on the type of player who looks nice on the eyes but doesnā€™t really deliver that much. Plus heā€™s a bit lightweight and can be bullied off the ball quite easily even in the Bundesliga, so youā€™d imagine heā€™d struggle even more in the PL. Just look at Kai Havertz at Chelsea.

1 Like

Fucking lol

1 Like

Not that Iā€™ve ever seen him play but Iā€™d much rather take a player away from a team who wants to keep him cuz heā€™s so damn good (Emi Buendia), than buy a guy who Dortmund donā€™t even want cuz heā€™s not good enough for them :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Be honest, after all these years, a lot of players that played good for other teams but not quite able to replicate their performance here at Arsenal.
A player make it or not involves many issues and reasons. Look at Guen and Saliba, they obviously have talent and more than enough to be our starter, BUT, somehow things donā€™t work out.

For Brandt, obviously the kid has talent, proved it on club and international level. Energetic, mobile, experienced, good in dribbling, all round, and only 24 years old.
There is no guarantee he will make it but it should be a good buy.
However, if we tend to play the sideway passing game, donā€™t waste the money, just stick with Ceballos and some other cheap options.

Yeah but Arsenal are quite literally fucking stupid. We lose good players all the time due to our ineptitude. Dortmund are a lot smarter than us, theyā€™ll offload their trash for good money, while we buy said trash and then in turn lose good players like Guendo, Saliba, Jeff, Malen, Balogun, Gnabry for nothing, or peanuts.

1 Like

The only guy in that list who has really proven anything is Gnabry. And three of them we havenā€™t even lost (yet).

All big clubs are going to lose some promising young players who are inpatient, find themselves blocked for a time, or clash with a manager. United lost Pogba and Pique, City lost Sancho and Boateng, Chelsea lost Salah and KDB, arguably the two best guys in the entire league.

Unfortunately, we donā€™t have the luxury to make these stupid decisions one after another, as our resources are not like the true big/oil clubs.

F thatā€¦ loan to buy option if they want us to train him upā€¦

Move on - find other targetsā€¦ get Buendia.

1 Like

Yeah, we arenā€™t Guinea pigs for the likes of Bvb.
Loan to buy or no loco.

1 Like

We should be staying clear of him anyway. If itā€™s a loan how much is a youngish underperforming player coming to the PL gonna do in 5months. Most likely arteta never starting him and him being ā€œnot readyā€ for the whole period.

And for a sale I donā€™t think we should be making signings for guys who are in a slump. Weā€™ve so much dross this would feel like too much risk that his slump just continues.

3 Likes

PArtey partner???

For Ā£17.3m it doesnā€™t sound like a bad option. I remember finding him impressive when he broke out onto the scene but I donā€™t think itā€™s worked for him at Dortmund.

Iā€™m usually hesitant to want to touch someone whoā€™s gone to a club that young players thrive at and not given a good account of himself but by the same token thatā€™s not how football works I guess. Different environments and different approaches can generate different outcomes.

7 Likes