José Mourinho

Would be bizarre thinking given that Conte teams are very energetic even if the football isn’t always pretty on the eye. They cover more ground than any other team in Italy, which is why Conte likes to work with a big squad.

2 Likes

Indeed.

Common sense isn’t something I’d attribute to a Mourinho employer though.

At Inter Marotta at least has a rapport with Conte knows his methods, what he is about etc. This seems more like them hoping that he can duplicate what he has done in the past without there being any grounds for that.

2 Likes

Mourinho has Jim Jones level manipulation skills. It’s clear as day how toxic and disruptive he is but these club owners keep hiring him. It’ll be interesting to watch his next chapter as a side show.

The new owners at Roma got bamboozled. Such a ridiculous move. They’re dumping a young coach for a washed up Mou. I hate this appointment so much. That footballing nihilist shouldn’t be anywhere near a ground that Totti used.

2 Likes

Didn’t even need to google to know these clowns are most likely American.

Gotta explore banning all of them from European football

2 Likes

TFG are American owners. I believe they’re based in Dallas?

I’m not ever going to agree with the sentiment that American owners should be banned. That’s the kind of thing that leads to weird gatekeeping and European supporters pretending that Americans don’t know anything about the sport when in reality there are plenty of shitty European owners out there, getting bad advice and being bamboozled. The big difference is the media coverage. Everyone know that Daniel Levy was getting his pockets run when he hired Mourinho, but the press framed it as a coup.

Interestingly, one of the Roma bloggers I follow also believes this is a coup for Roma and that any skepticism regarding the appointment is from PL supporters who don’t like Mourinho. I’ll bet that guy is singing a different tune come October when Roma grind out a 0-0 with Sampdoria and Nico Zaniolo is an unused substitute for the third consecutive match running.

Their squad needs as much surgery as ours does so it’s weird they went for a guy who’s whole shtick is spending big, winning now and leaving absolute carnage in his wake.

3 Likes

So Spurs qualify to the Europa Conference League. You know who else is in there? Mourinho’s Roma. :grimacing:

1 Like
6 Likes

1 Like

He’s sacked by spurs then turns down Real Madrid because he’s committed to Roma.
Really?
The only thing Mourino is committed to is himself and his massive ego.

1 Like

I won’t argue about that. :sweat_smile:
I think doing something with Roma is a bigger challenge for Mourinho which he is probably looking forward to.
Getting sacked from Spurs didn’t sit well with him. This is the first club he didn’t win anything with, and he was 6 days away from changing that.

It’s almost 15 years since Roma won something in Italy. If he manages to elevate the club and win something with them it will be viewed as a massive achievement.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, he wasn’t 6 days away from changing that.

4 Likes

Rejected RM?
Dat loyalty :henry2:

FTFY

2 Likes

5 Likes

Spurs v Roma in ECL needed. :syringe:

6 Likes

He looks healthier nowadays. Slimmed down too.
I remember the pics when he first took over the Spurs job and it looked like he let himself go.
They’re like a sickness that club.

He starting to look ike Sadiq Khan here.

1 Like