Jonny Evans

Moondoggie is fucking reaching LOL

I canā€™t reach. Both my arms were amputated after an industrial accident.

Trolling with no arms. Impressive.

Arsene is reaching.

:poldi:

1 Like

Reaching aroundā€¦with Kroenke.

I donā€™t have a problem with these transfer he has plenty of experience in this league so he wont have to adapt and can fit straight in to play. Just a shame we have missed out on williams and stones

Arsenal have been told that not even a bid of Ā£16 million will be enough to prise Jonny Evans away from West Bromwich Albion, the Sun reports (Thursday edition, page 53).

This transfer seems unlikely.

Do not bump this thread, especially after we lost a game.
Even if there is a bid accepted.

1 Like

God forbid we have an experienced defender in our ranks. Much better to cripple Holding and Chambers confidence for life.

Sunday showed how petulant all the arrogant Arsenal fans were being when they turned their nose up at this deal or to a lesser extent the likes of Williams. Either of them would instantly be our 2nd best defender.

I think Wenger will have no choice but to recall Koscielny.

No doubt but even Chamber/Holding - Koz could be a disaster. Koz is far from a calming influence.

I agree, but Iā€™d rather have Kos in the lineup, than out. Either way I think the result will be the same.

1 Like

Oh fuck! Itā€™s not a bullshit! :cech:

2 Likes

@Castiel if this happens I suggest having a chat with @Cristo on how best to defend your countryman when pretty much the entire rest of the OA members hate him. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I wonā€™t have to heā€™ll be one of the best defenders weā€™ve had in ages and everyone will change their tune and Iā€™ll just be here with a shit eating grin.

Either that or heā€™s rubbish and Iā€™ll just sign up with a different username and nationality.

6 Likes

Ah the good old Bendtner days.

However Brady did a better job defending Bendtner than Cristo. ā€œBendtner & Giroud are sameā€

It might well be.

Remember that was a response to a question from a journalist. Itā€™s not like he just came out and said it, because that would mean something :slight_smile:

I wonā€™t pretend Iā€™ve watch loads of Evans or the Valencia lad but West Brom fans rave over Evans:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=17079.325

Hereā€™s 6 different posters:

Seeing how the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool defend makes you wonder how they scout players as Evans must be as good as anything in the EPL at present and following on from a brilliant Euros. Happy for him to stay under the radar mind !

Made me laugh today watching Arsenals defence get destroyed and yet their fans were sneering towards Evans.

Itā€™s not often I think a player is too good for us, but this guy is quality.

Where does Jonny rank in terms of centre backs at the club? Probably the best weā€™ve had during the modern Premier League era for me, where does he rank all time? Weā€™ve not done the ā€œAll time Albion XIā€ thread for a wile but I would certainly have him in there alongside either Robertson or Wile now. Come to think about it, I might have GMac and Evans as my all time CH pairing.

Chuffed we have him but heā€™s too good for us - should be at a top four club really. We should look to try and build the side around him for the rest of his career.

Seen some great centre halfs for Albion but Evans has to be near the top not only a great centre half or full back but also a great footballer what a snip. Never too good for us top 6 dont know what they missed.

2 Likes

Lol what the fuck everJonny Evans, Mustafiā€¦makes no didference to me really itā€™s just so fucked up that itā€™s going to be another game with a Championship level central defensive pairing. Just fucking sign someone already you fucking dimwits.

2 Likes