Joe Willock

90 minutes in a PL game :heavy_check_mark:

My guyy is ballin’ it

3 Likes

Willock and Nelson. Shown nothing majorly spectacular in their games so far, but they look like they belong at this level (which, in some ways, is better)

Slotted nicely in the team.

Love it boys :wenger2:

4 Likes

:laca:

2 Likes

Midfield and striker versions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nelson scored a good goal tbf

1 Like

did we ever see the VAR line on that, it looked on to me.

good finish tbf, but doesnt count lol

Well, he put the ball in the back of the net and on another day it might have counted so it’s not like it didn’t happen lol

1 Like

Monreal foot was offside

2 Likes

ah fair.

This.

Same goes for Guendouzi.

I really like this kid but I can’t be the only one who thinks he looks absolutely out of gas at the 60 minute mark.

I mean it makes sense because for that first half he’s literally holding his own against grown ass men trying to push him off the ball.

I think Emery got it wrong today taking Ceballios off over Willock. I don’t want to see this kid ran into the ground.

1 Like

They were both gassed I think, but I agree with your point about sub but for different reasons. Ceb was our best release valve and most composed to see things out.

I think it’s only a matter of time until Torreira slots back in, but been very impressed so far.

He’s making El Neny look very sellable indeed

Willock already looks more PL ready than Torriera has done thus far. Willing to give Lucas time but he’s only had a handful of good games for us. Dont think he’ll walk back in the side at all.

I think the interesting thing about Willock is that he has many different facets to his game. He seems to have taken on a well-rounded figure of CM traits and offers a bit of everything to the team.

Still very much at the beginning of his career but I’ve been impressed with him for the last month of so involvement with the first team.

2 Likes

The gap in quality between the two is quite sizeable. I think time will show that Willock is far from ready to command a starting place at Arsenal and will need a few more years of experience, maturing and development.

I’m happy with his progress but Torreira is a very good player when played in the right position. If Emery persists with playing him in some weird box to box role or whatever he has him doing - then he’ll continue to struggle.

6 Likes

I can see that, but Torriera hasn’t shown he can command a starting place too. So for me it’s up for grabs.

Anyway, they both have different styles, if it were a dedicated anchor we needed, then yeah Lucas gets the nod all day.

I’d play both Vs Liverpool.

Ceballos Torreira Willock. It’s worth the risk as I think we need Willock’s physicality in the middle.

Willock has really impressed me in the last two games, he looks comfortable on the ball and i like how he goes by players with ease. Potential to be a very good PL player. I’d play him agaisnt Liverpool.

2 Likes
4 Likes