Joe Willock

Doesn’t make sense to simpletons like you and me but it makes a heck of a lot of sense to the genius that is Mikel. Watch him play a stupid 11 in the Europa and get us knocked out of it, just like he did in the FA cup.

3 Likes

I know Arteta can be dickhead but I don’t think he did anything wrong against Southampton with his choice to rotate.
Did anyone expect Southampton to go all out in the FA Cup so early like they did? They pretty much put out the best team possible.

I am pretty positive Arteta will take Benfica very seriously.

1 Like

I wanted rotation I agree, I didn’t think Southampton would pick a complete 1st choice team.

I didn’t want Eddie starting though, I wanted Martinelli CF and someone else on the wings.

Or Balogun as CF as an alternative.

2 Likes

He won’t do that. Europa League is undoubtedly our main priority for the remainder of the season.

Arteta seems to have given up on Willock at least. Of no use unless it’s Europa group stage fodder. Wouldn’t be completely opposed to him over Elneny as the 4th choice CM though.

1 Like

I think Arteta likes him still in a Cholo way.
Not necessarily as a starter but as a ball carrier to bring on and run against tired legs. Just like he did last season.
If we progress through the EL then Willock will serve that role again.

Big waste of an asset though.

Our chances of making it to Europe next season through the league are slim to none. The only other way is to win the FA cup or even better, win the Europa League. So, immaterial of who we play and what team they put out, I would play our strongest team in both competitions. If we have won the game in the first half or 60 minutes, by all means rotate but otherwise, play your strongest 11.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that means an over abundance on Saka and ESR and their not capable of them amount of games without impeding form or fitness.

1 Like

suprised to see so much activity in this thread considering what a nothing player this guy is.

1 Like

It’s only a few hours up the A1, it’s not Beirut, just bloody go, Joe!

5 Likes

Be pleasantly surprised if he does but don’t think he will.

1 Like

This would be great. Gives him game time and exposure in the PL. When you have the likes of Azeez waiting in the wings at youth level, you kind of want to see this being a potential obligation to buy as well. Same goes for a couple of others too.

If we can get circa £20M for each of Willock, Nelson AMN and Nketiah we’re balling. Realistically, none of these guys are going to be starters anytime soon.

2 Likes

The reply, oh my days… :rofl:
3 Likes

He could be decent for them. I hope constant game time improves him.

He’s a very smart player, decides to do the right thing but the execution is sometimes off, either due to confidence or ability.

1 Like

He’s good enough for the PL, just not for a top 6 team.

If we’re to have any aspirations of actually getting back into the elite league positions then we can’t be having players like Willock in the squad.

A good loan then a £12-15m sale would be ideal.

5 Likes

Physical and technical attributes are there for him to be a powerhouse midfielder.
Was by far our best player in EL group stages this season. Could flourish if given a solid run.

Possibly gone for a long while then.

1 Like

Lets hope he plays a lot and then we can sell him for somewhere in the 10-20m range depending on how he performs.

Get him gone.

1 Like

Lmaooooooo Arteta does love his mediocre players doesn’t he. Wants to keep Xhaka, wants to keep Elneny, wants to keep Joe Willock…sigh.

2 Likes