Joe Willock

Hundred percent this mate.

1 Like

Or how about Elnenny/Ceballos can have some of their minutes taken away to help both these guysā€™ development.

2 Likes

Minutes on Willock ainā€™t gonna help anyways.

Elnenny was easily the worse player in red tonight.

1 Like

Mari was pretty woeful.

In terms of waste and giving up cheap possession particularly in the first half thought it was him.

1 Like

@Electrifying Iā€™d rather hope Ceballos regains the form of late last season than give Willock minutes.

I just donā€™t see a future EPL career for Willock, I do think heā€™ll make a good box to box midfielder in the championship though.

This. Iā€™m resigned to the notion that heā€™s not up the standard of a top 4-6 team. Heā€™ll fit in better at clubs smaller than Arsenal.

That goes for Nketiah also. Jury is still out on ESR and Nelson in my opinion.

2 Likes

His calling card is essentially getting around the pitch very well.

For a top club thatā€™s not even basic, isnā€™t making it here and thereā€™s no shame in that.

1 Like

Probably right. Thereā€™s a use in that for us right now. Probably not going forward though.

Really, really poor today.
Completely undoing the good work he did earlier in the season.
Nelson and Willock are in desperate need of games. Might as well loan them till the end of the season.

2 Likes

I think, what Iā€™d like to see, mate, is a revolving door for some of these youngsters. As easy as they get into the team, they need to get out and let another youngster have a chance. They get too bloody comfortable.

As @Castiel said in the matchday thread, Willock and Nelson need to get sold.

Given that the only major mistake we made in terms of youngsters is Gnabry, going back to the Wenger days, Iā€™m pretty confident these two boys wonā€™t become world class at other clubs.

1 Like

Big pile of steaming hot dog scheisse

5 Likes

Looked way off today. Lost several balls that allowed Newcastle the chance to regain easy possession.

I have seen him trap and travel with the ball effectively in the past but at the moment he is not showing the same level of skill on the ball that ESR and Saka possess.

A loan at minimum would do some good because he is not a reliable option at the moment at all, and was suspect against Leeds and the PL in general so far

1 Like

Only thing this guy has going for him is that we might be able to get a little English tax on him when we sell.

2 Likes

The lack of playing time is hindering any sort of development. Send Willock on loan and make a decision on him come summer.

The sooner he finds a permanent home at a championship club the better, for both him
and us.

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait till we get rid. Just donā€™t see what he brings to the team.

7 Likes

Legs?

1 Like

There are rumours about Reiss moving this week but Willock should go as well.
Joe was barely getting any time while being ahead of ESR. Imagine how limited his time would be with ESR now ahead of him and Odegaard coming in too.
Take into account Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey and Elneny are already ahead of him in the double pivot.
Thereā€™s no League Cup or FA Cup left, and weā€™re already deep enough in EL that it doesnā€™t make sense to rotate there.

1 Like