Joe Willock

No

Now THIS was peak Arsenal twitter.

1 Like

What does he do tho

2 Likes

He isn’t making it here, probably the one I’m least impressed with considering the latest crop of youngsters.

3 Likes

To be fair he was the only player actually moving and making runs. The rest were statues.

4 Likes

I’m wouldn’t say Willock is shit. But he shouldn’t survive the midfield overhaul that needs to happen this summer.

3 Likes

Where there’s a Willock, there’s a way

1 Like

Do you actually believe there’s gonna be an overhaul? I heavily doubt it. Plus, Arteta seems to like a broad roster(different profiles for each position).

1 Like

Ceballos is gone. Ozil seems done here. We all still want Xhaka gone and he almost left in the winter anyway. It seems inevitable three changes are going to be made in our midfield set up.

I think at max 2 midfielders come. Ozil and Xhaka are going nowhere.

1 Like

Yeah agree. Don’t see the investment being as big as some are hoping for.
Don’t rule Mustafi being kept either on funding issues as well as a degree of trust on Arteta part.

Just a more fancy way of saying he’s shit

1 Like

Good squad option

1 Like

I love his drive in midfield but time and time again wrong/bad decisions and no end product. Too bad cuz he’s a very crafty midfielder.

3 Likes

Yeah he’s excellent and bombing forward with the ball and progressing play that way.

I love how he’ll do a feint-turn and then just glide past 3-4 players but his final pass/decision making is really lacking.

Then again he is still young.

I imagine for a lot of players that decision making is one of the traits that develops later on.

This is how I see it too. Great canvas. Tall, strong, quick and has good awareness in regards to where he moves. I do agree sometimes he can pick the wrong man out or not deliver it nicely enough but he can work on those things.

Black Ramsey.

He always seems to find himself in the box I find. I’m not sure if that’s an instruction or purely natural instincts (I’m leaning on the latter) but it was a standout trait of Ramsey.

Still looks raw in comparison to Saka however has demonstrated this season some key traits that have been mentioned above^

Depends how Arteta plans to line up his midfield for next season and what personnel/type of CM he prefers there but Willock looks to me like a marauding AM right now.

1 Like

Watching the game against Olympiakos, 53rd minute so far and Willock is frustrating to watch. More often than not, he is clumsy on the ball, has a poor first touch or mispasses the ball. He also tends to dwell on it too long. What he has is loads of energy and desire but the quality is lacking.

Needs to improve a heck of a lot of he wants to make a place in this team.

1 Like

Black Ramsey= white Willock then.:thinking:

2 Likes

Hahaha not sure if the comparisons with Ramsey are serious, but I really hope they aren’t.

1 Like

Wrong.

They are.

1 Like