Joe Willock

Was massively out of his depth last night and offered nothing, wouldn’t write him off definitely but he really needs to step up soon.

Completely anonymous. Starting to worry about the lad. Arteta seems to like him though.

2 Likes

Yeah anonymous for sure. He’s a runner who has an engine but the dood is completely worthless otherwise. Fuck modern day football for making it seem someone like this should be playing in the Premier League.

1 Like

Still very rough I’m afraid. Not sure what would be best for him. Keep as squad player or loan?

I’m still not sure what his role on the pitch is?

He’s like a really average version of Ramsey. Ramsey had a very good passing range and was a top class goal scoring threat from midfield. Linked play between the midfield and attack better than anybody in the squad.

However, all Willock does is make late runs into the box. His technique is average, passing range average - what does he bring when he’s actually playing? Work rate is the only thing getting him starts - that won’t last.

1 Like

Seems like Arteta’s personal spanner. You can almost always guarantee he will bring him on at some point in the game.

He looked good when he came on and cause Wolves problems. I think once it clicks for him, he be a very good PL player.

Really? I think he’s destined to be our O’Shea. A squad player who can fill in everywhere when needed. Which isn’t a bad ceiling to have.

Well, yeah. This is his first head coach job, at his age, succeeding a team in relegation form(thanks Bumery) at Arsenal which allegedly didn’t fancy him because of his inexperience, then hit by corona.
He’s done an insanely good job so far. Probably the best transition to a head coach I’ve ever seen.
He’s already a Barcelona coach candidate.

1 Like

don’t think he said really enough times, could have squeezed a few more out

1 Like

You know you’re in trouble when the need for creative threat in midfield and this is the guy you have to bring off the bench.

oZiL dOeSnT rUn Like WiLlOcK :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s extremely concerning how he’s usually our first sub in every game yet I don’t believe he has started a game since the lockdown? Is he just that to Arteta? A good runner to make some tackles and run at tired legs to finish the match?
If they’re “really backing” him we better see the back of half of the squad right now because he’s been clinging on the same 13-14 players for so long now.

Is he more than that to anyone else?

He was more than that at the start of the season.
All I’m saying if he’s rated so low he shouldn’t be an Arsenal player next season. I’m pretty positive he will be, hence nothing will change for us.
I still remember that some did call out the club for trying to offload all that "deadwood " last summer and that we were gonna rely on our youth.
Ended up an absolute failure by the way. We got Saka and Martinelli out of it but the rest went right into the :wastebasket:. Hell, Nketiah almost joined the :wastebasket: but he was lucky Mikel noticed him and Laca was off form.

Shouldn’t be surprised that his thread doesn’t get bumped anymore. Was rather invisible on Sunday. Becoming a common thing with him.

1 Like

Seems to always make the wrong pass in the final third. I don’t know what the club sees in him.

1 Like

Made the most appearances this season at the club, I know most are as a substitute but it’s still sad.

ESR looked like that too before his latest loan. To develop at this age you need start games frequently. That’s how you learn, that’s how you gain confidence.