Joao Cancelo

He’d probably be our best full back by quite a margin, I’m not gonna go get hung up on his little falling out with Pep at all.

He’d be an amazing signing that would really balance out our defensive depth as a whole

5 Likes

If that’s the argument then it may take less time for him to become a problem at a club where trophies aren’t virtually guaranteed.

@Castiel with him and Zinchenko in the team it isn’t balanced at all.

Exactly. He’ll even feel way too big to be benched too.

I completely disagree but I honestly can’t be arsed getting into it with you about full backs again lol.

Zinchenko, White, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Cancelo is more than good on paper

2 Likes

Think we’re pretty close as a team to having a shot at trophies and this is the sort of signing that takes the team to the next level. Even if it doesn’t work out, the market will still be good for him so we can always ship him.

1 Like

An aging fullback who would have flopped on big wages, I dunno about that.

It may actually work in our favour. Cancelo may want to prove the Cuntalan bastard wrong.

Aging full back on big wages. Exactly the profile who fits for Saudi league.

Attackers go for big bucks don’t remember the last time that profile went for £££

Anyhow I don’t really see him coming here tbh but who knows

Suarez was a twat and came with receipts for it but you sometimes have to accept there’s players like that.

Game-changing signing. If City were daft enough to send him here, we should be all over it.

Cancelo can play full back or wingback on either side. He’s much better defensively than Zinchenko as well.

What’s a realistic fee for him? I’ve seen figures like 60 and 70m mentioned when talking about the Bayern buy option. No way we’re spending that on a full back.

1 Like

I’m not sure I would put Suarez in the same basket though. He was quirky too and a freak a times but he seemed pretty good with his teammates and his managers loved him.

I also think what Suarez offered was far more special too. His output was outstanding.

1 Like

Think 45-50m would be fair

Outside of PSG and ironically City, not many teams will pay 60m for a full back.

Cancelo is about as bad as Zinchenko defensively lol

It’s attack where he is much better

Bit of a fallacy imo. Cancelo is more physical, better positionally and more able defensively than Zinny. I can’t remember watching City or Portugal and thinking Cancelo is where the opposition should target as the weak link. He’s a very decent defender - not as good as White or Tomi but above Zinny by a margin.

Of course he is better going forward than defensively though.

1 Like

I’ve seen Cancelo get ripped on the regular for City, he is not a good defender at least IMO and it’s very fine margins between him and Zinchenko. They didn’t tend to pay for it because they’re City.

Where he is clear is in attack because Zinchenko whilst being an excellent transition and facilitation player isn’t top quality in terms of actually attacking

Cancelo is elite. They only worry is attitude when not playing. Abilitywise he is absolutely insane. Two footed, pace, passing, dribbling, crossing. Holy shiteee breeh if we can get him !

1 Like

It’s the kind of signing that’s treading a fine line between a potential masterstroke and a fuck up. I really like the player but agree with the attitude concerns, our team harmony was our one thing tipping us over the edge against city for a lot of the season.

Ironically after getting rid of him is when they improved on that front (not the only reason) and hunted us down.

Torn but would probably take the gamble.

1 Like

What was the attitude problem btw never kept up with the details. Difference between a wild character and someone completely uncooperative who would down tools in an instant. One is workable one is not.