Joao Cancelo

Yeah this is my issue with his attitide. I’d probably understand it a bit more if he’d been killing it at a weaker side but he’s had this problem with the best side in the world to the point where they were happy to let him go on loan in the middle of a season where they are chasing a treble.

Happy to trust Arteta and co as well but think the reservations about his attitude are very justified.

I think he borders on world class and can cover both sides of the defence, so for that I’d be well in.

Attitude is worrying as I hate these little bitchy players and we have a great chemistry going that he could ruin, but as Castiel said…trust Mikel and edu on that.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? Are you saying we’re not good enough for him?

There’s loads of reasons lol

Yeah, from a Cancelo perspective this would be a perfect move for him.

In fact, until someone more credible confirms this interest I would argue Cancelo’s camp(Mendes, lol) are the ones leaking this info.

I don’t think there has been that much interest in him, at least from clubs who can pay what City would want. I can actually imagine him leaving on loan again because no club will be willing to take a punt on him for any substantial fee.

It’s a step down. City, Juve (at a point) and Bayern were guaranteed Champions League football and realistically the title as well. He was a starter in a team full of winners.

He’d be joining an up and coming team in the Champions League for the first time in over half a decade.

Barcelona or PSG would make loads more sense for a player like Cancelo.

I think you’re missing the obvious point here. He would join us out of spite. :grin:

It’s that kind of shithousery that I’d be all for! The way that City dumped on the Bayern team with him in though wouldn’t fill me with confidence that Cancelo would be getting the last laugh.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1665345919775113224?t=zJ3DWzgfkG0-dwUsJMcwEg&s=19

He’d be a top level signing and although he’s worked with Arteta before, it’ll take some persuading to convince him to come here rather than a European giant like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

The decision will be down to money, rather than spite against Guardiola or us having a potentially great team.

Gives us a very interesting option. He’s a weapon going forward when used correctly, and Arteta should be able to do that having worked with him and knowing his qualities and weaknesses.

dont trust him here to be honest. I have a feeling he will be an expensive disruption…we have spent a lot of time getting rid of these types of players.

3 Likes

Disagree. Think we need some edge in the dressing room.

2 Likes

could be…but i dunno i feel real leary of him.

Edge?

You mean the kind that can throw his toys out of the pram and could potentially be a disruptive influence?

If he can pull that stuff with City and Pep he can pull it anywhere.

3 Likes

No I don’t mean that at all. Proven he was good enough for a team of that standard and got the medals.
Games littered with players and coaches who never got on with one coach but performed for another.

Feels like the guy has a massive attitude problem.

That may be the case but why should we take that risk? Wouldn’t have thought you’d advocate for such a move.

We’re talking about not getting on with the best coach in the game, not just anyone. He couldn’t even keep a lid on it for a team that may win the treble and is practically guaranteed trophies every season.

And aside from the attitude complaints he hasn’t been good for Bayern, had lost his form for City and Portugal too. He may actually be on the slide.

It was 3 and half seasons at City before he started “throwing out his toys”. And won some trophies in that time as well. If he can give us even just half of those years and help us win something in that time, I might be willing to take a gamble and bring him in.

1 Like

I would actually add, it’s not just Pep and City. He’s done it for Portugal and Juve too.

Dude is one of the most talented fullbacks I’ve seen in my life but he’s an absolute twat. I would very much prefer he stays the fuck away from Arsenal.

I personally see him either going to PSG or one of the top 3 in Spain.

2 Likes