January Transfer window thread

This transfer window could’ve done with some of Arsenal Vim’s speculation madness to get things going around here, am I right @Gio? :poldi:

2 Likes

Better

1 Like

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings is FFS!

As someone with a history of mental health issues I find the term “Madness” to be very triggering.

1 Like

Its%20Over

2 Likes

No! :bellerin:

3 Likes

:xhaka2:

Just to swing the tide a litttle

People want transfers for the sake of transfers? We already have a bunch of guys that barely get any minutes.

3 Likes

Yeh can’t say I’m overly devastated about some kid I’ve never heard off. He might have proved to be a great buy like Guendouzi but like we’ve seen from Guen even though he’s performing above his age he’s not going to improve us to the point where we are gliding back in to the CL.

Carrasco and Perisic could have really taken us up a level even if it only was for the short term, and I think if we narrowly miss out on top 4 this year we will be lamenting the fact we didn’t push a little harder this Jan to improve our starting 11.

6 Likes

I think you’re right.
With their experience and quality they could be the attacking options that could make the difference in us getting a top four place.
But realistically, our defence is getting worse and we don’t need any more attacking players unless we are going to try and out score the opposition and not worry about defending.

1 Like

Tbh I may be wrong here, but a vast majority of disappointed posts here had a lot of sarcasm to it. Don’t know how many of us are truely gutted this fell through, like yourself - I for one am not.

2 Likes

Forgot it was transfer deadline day. Doesn’t really matter if we’ve signed anyone or not to be fair, won’t be substantial enough to change the outcome of the season.

6 Likes

Sadly this is the truth.

Unless we overhauled the entire defensive roster, these shithouses are going to concede too many for us to get top 4.

7 Likes

I agree.
It’s always nice to see new signings but it’s not like the players we’ve been linked with are any more than adequate squad players or just surplus to requirements from other clubs.

I’d prefer to wait and get two or three top quality players that will actually make a difference in the next window.

1 Like

Crouch joins Burnley is literally the top story on deadline day.

Safe to say this one’s not a classic.

2 Likes

Is the deal off?