January Transfer window thread

We have been linked with Carrasco long before Perisic.

We truly are loan FC

I’m actually not minding the loan approach for Jan especially when we are going after decent enough players.

7 Likes

True madness will be in the summer especially if we manage to get back into the CL.

We’re starting a new trend with this exclusive loan negotiations, we need the players for that 4th place trophy, and possibly the EL, and they need us to prove something to their clubs, and everyone’s happy, high fives all around.

1 Like

Sponsored by Wonga

This kid has been bought for €20 million by Sampdoria. This rumour was probably spread to trigger Sampdoria into action lol.

1 Like

Exactly. If they show to be not good enough we can send them back home.

1 Like

Would be a good deadline day if we get Nkunku aswell. :pray:

Suarez in isolation is not enough.

ARSENAL EXPECTED TO CONFIRM SUAREZ

Geraint Hughes is our man at a chilly Emirates Stadium today… he’s been giving us the latest updates on Suarez, Perisic, Carrasco, Tielemans and Gueye…

It could be a busy day at the Emirates. Denis Suarez is a weird one because yesterday evening on the Barcelona website it was deal done and confirmed. The it suddenly disappeared but the expectation is that the deal will be confirmed later today.

Ivan Perisic is a little bit different because he wants to come to Arsenal but Inter Milan only want to let him go on a permanent deal.

That also brings in Yannick Carrasco, who is playing in China. We are on deadline day with limited time and there are difficulties in signing someone from Chinese clubs. It can be done but it is a difficult process.

Two other names in Youri Tielemans and Idrissa Gueye, I think they are less likely to come to Arsenal but the other three, let’s keep an eye on those.

I don’t understand why we are only linked with wingers or attacking players.
Considering our defenders are mostly useless or injured or both, I would have that that position would have been the area to strengthen.

I just hope Emery is saving up to spend big, on what we need defensively, in the next window.

They might be useless or injured, but we have 10 defenders on the books. I guess first a couple need to go before we sign others.

2 Likes

He’s said we have the numbers defensively even though they’re injured. So @SDGooner is right, need to sell before we buy unfortunately. At least Kos and Lich being out of contract gives us space in the summer

1 Like

So just little madness today? :xhaka2:. Guess it is batter than nothing and we are getting a young prospect.

Sky are just weird

1 Like

That to do with that pricks tie I suppose.

3 Likes

Peter Crouch back in the prem at Burnley likely. Hate watching him play and listening to him get interviewed. Boring as fuck and horrible to watch.

1 Like

Watching Crouch is like watching Steven Merchant in shorts and nearly as funny.

2 Likes