January Transfer window thread

1 Like

As if United where going to send one of their better defenders to us #banter

No chance thatā€™s true.

1 Like

Ah if only Mourinho stayed, this may have happened.

No more signing Utd players ffs!

What? :bellend:

Various Dutch media outlets reporting Man City are closing in on Matthijs de Ligt

:santi:

Exactly.
What top European club would loan one of their players to strengthen a direct rival?
Apart from us, of course.

What rival clubs should do is sell their rubbish players to rival clubs in order to drag them down.
Just like when Man U sold us Sylvestre.

1 Like

Rumours circulating weā€™re gonna get James so Real Madrid can get Eriksen in the summer

#itshappenedagain :wenger:

3 Likes

He is their key player so for them to lose him would be not only bad for spurs but Kane would struggle as well.
I also rate Son, who has done really well this season and the end of last season.
I donā€™t know why Eriksen has stayed there so long.
Before his latest contract, he was on about the same wages as some of our squad players.

BREAKING NEWS
Gonzalo Higuain is expected in London today for Chelsea medical.
According to Sky in Italy, Genoa and AC Milan reached an agreement last night over the transfer of Krzysztof Piatek. He arrived in Milan last night to undergo medical this morning. The fee is around Ā£30million.

Is this going to be our future? (Former-)La Liga players only? Already had a strong dislike for it when Wenger started to do it.

Se will never compete with them. Get over it.

1 Like

Well it certainly wasnā€™t the case last summer, and we havenā€™t signed anyone this January, so Iā€™ll wait until it starts happening before worrying that we are exclusively signing ex La Liga players.

I donā€™t really remember the period where Wenger was only signing ex La Liga players either tbh

1 Like

Youā€™re right. Wenger didnā€™t do that. But Arsenal did made a switch towards La Liga/Bundesliga players I never really liked.

Yes, itā€™s all rumours at this point. But all these players have one thing in common :sweat_smile:. Suarez, Carrasco, Rodriguez, Bailly.

Like Fabregas, Reyes, Cazorla and Podolski?

It went tits up when we allowed Gazidis StatDNA project to pick the players.

1 Like

There are always exemptions on a rule. When he got Fabregas and Reyes from Spain he didnā€™t do it on the regular anyway.

Podolski. LOL.

I think the Spanish market has been pretty good to us if you include Cazorla, Monreal, Reyes, Fabregas and Ozil.

I mean you get duds from everywhere but even if you look across the PL several of its top players arrived from La Liga. City have Laporte, Aguero, D. Silva, Otamendi who all arrived from there along with the odd dud like Negredo and Nolito.

Either way Iā€™m not opposed to us investing in the Spanish market more, especially not if it means we can grab talents like Fornals.

1 Like

There are a lot of others fishing in that market. Real, Barca, City like you said. Thatā€™s why the top players or more promising talent is not going to end up here and Arsenal will always have second fiddle. Same goes for Bundesliga players where Bayern buys everything.

1 Like

At least a winger and maybe two defenders before the end of January?

1 Like