January Transfer window thread

I’d absolutely love this signing. Inter really messed up by letting him go as he looks to be the real deal.

3 Likes

Yeah was very short sighted on their part especially as the deal is already looking pretty shitty particularly the Nainggolan aspect.

Don’t see how we come close to signing this dude as he looks like a star in the making.

Looks like a decent prospect.

He looks great and is already first choice for Roma.

I like how Arsenal fans are suddenly becoming the accountants and want club to sell players for right amount.
Years ago they would have frowned upon the thought of even selling players and the concept of maximising net spend & stuff would have triggered them as that was not what ‘football was about’

Well two things - the first is that the landscape of football has changed and you’re now more than ever required to sell to buy. It’s the model all clubs outside of the mega rich have to use.

Secondly, we were selling players that we didn’t need to sell directly to our rivals to “balance the books” even though in some cases we had more money in the bank than the club we were selling to.

5 Likes

Not for Arsenal though.
It is just that now other clubs have to do the same thing that Arsenal had to do because of stadium debt.

Another point is that even back when we were selling players, we were selling them for derisory sums.

Even in 2007, £16 million is a disgrace for Thierry Henry.

Even in 2011, £30 million is a disgrace for Cesc Fabregas.

Even in 2012, £24 million is a disgrace for RVP

1 Like

Most supporters would rather we kept our players, but if that’s not possible, then we should be getting the most money possible.

Seems a sensible position to take.

5 Likes

We have always been a poor negotiator.

Anyway I am merely pointing out how finance is slowly seeping in fans’ psyche now.

For all the good that 24M done we may aswell as kept him for his last year.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood how we never learn from our mistakes.
All those players you said, as well as Wilshere, Ramsey, Sanchez and possibly Ozil, all leaving for almost nothing in just over a season.

Even worse than that, we are the only top club to sell our best players to rival clubs, to help them overtake us.

We didn’t have to sell our players year on year that was a decision that the club took and in hindsight it was the wrong decision. We ended up having to sell our players due to our lack of ambition and that just put us in a negative position. Had the board managed to retain players (or at least get a good sum of money and reinvest it wisely) we’d have won trophies over the 9 year barren spell.

Adebayor, Fabregas, RVP, Nasri, Hleb, Song, Henry, Flamini, Toure, Clichy, Vela…

I honestly believe only Adebayor and Toure represented good value from the above list. Everybody else we lost on a free or sold for below what we could have gotten for them. And we just didn’t reinvest properly when the truth is we didn’t need to sell all those players we just chose to because the board placed under constraints we didn’t need to be under.

4 Likes

Like we would have sold Hleb if he rejected the interest of Barcelona. Quite sure we wouldn’t have. Cunt club (Barcelona that is).

2 Likes
1 Like

You can’t beat this clubs commitment to banter.

Loaning players from Atletico and Barcelona haha

Wtf?

Whatever happen to that Sporting situation with all the players walking out?

EDIT: Looks like transfer fees were agreed for Rui Patricio, other situations still ongoing.

Seems like a BS rumour. There’s a compensation dispute between Sporting and Atletico still ongoing doubt he gets transferred anywhere tbh. Arsenal need to stay well away from this mess

Strange. Not worth even opening that can of worms then.

He also plays as RB :unai:

1 Like

ORNSTEINNNNNNNNNNN