January Transfer window thread

True. I guess we have to wait and see in the summer.

1 Like

Which would mean towards the idea that the no permanent deals stance is agreed policy rather than a circumstance of ā€œno moneyā€.

In fact the whole money aspect came from Journalists in the wake of the comments. Emery didnā€™t reference money at all

Itā€™s definitely agreed policy.

I hope thereā€™s a plan behind it but recent events have me fearing the worst.

Who the fucks this guy? :joy:

Raul :henry2:

1 Like

Well the guy in the article Elec has posted has at least read the fucking rules instead of making them up.

2 Likes

oooohhhh whoopdie do, he had a better grasp of the rules, big fucking deal its the same outcome isnt it? it is EXACTLY what was stated in the video but one has maybe a better grasp of things to do with the rulings than the other but its the same fucking conclusion is it notā€¦stop splitting hairs!

Nope.

Iā€™m not even promoting the article to be honest but if youā€™re going to talk about these things you should understand the basics.

1 Like

You would be correct, sir.

1 Like

Ah good old DC. Good driver in his day, but never really stood a chance against the likes of Schumi and Hakkinen.

Typical Scottish delusion I guess :unai:

1 Like

Itā€™s not really a bad thing they anticipated on the retirement of Cech. Bellerin as our only right back for the whole season was also a bit too much probably. You could disagree with the options they chose though.

Good read, but I think transfer fees are ammortized across the years, so it goes to the total as well, just smoothed out over length of contract.

The point about loans is a good one - I just wish we actually had real data to work with - even his sourcing, while decent, is suspect and incomplete so we are left still wondering in the end.

In the end, it seems counterproductive not to invest a bit this winter, especially if it is a loan on a pure financial ROI perspective (and to me, this is the basic tragic failing of Le Professeur toward the end, which I attribute partially to starting to lose confidence in his golden touch for plucking gems)ā€¦ if we have even a 5% increase in chance to get to CL places by loaning say a Denis Suarez, surely a loan for his wages is a pittanceā€¦

Something really odd is going on and we surely donā€™t have the full pictureā€¦ if the Sven stuff is true, perhaps that is just massively contributing to a clusterf*ck atm.

I have no issue not investing big in permanent signings until Summer to be clear - I just think a surgical add right now is wise, one way or another, as long as we donā€™t lumber ourselves with another Leno or Xhaka.

chelsea and juventus?

Higuain is a Juventus player, just on loan at AC Milan

1 Like

Maybe his former manager Sarri can still get something out of him, but i think he is way past his best.

but dont juventus have to talk to acmilan before doing this. I didnt think you could break a loan like that just to shove a player elsewhere especially if a season long loan has been agreed.

I would imagine it all comes down to whatā€™s in the loan agreement. He is their top scorer this season, so I canā€™t imagine theyā€™re too keen on letting him go.

1 Like

What a waste of time & money was Juventus purchasing Higuain to wave their dick around!

1 Like

@SRCJJ Hasnā€™t he only joined Roma? I donā€™t think weā€™d have much to bargain on if itā€™s so early on in his contract, especially with Monchi in place but from what Iā€™ve read, heā€™s meant to be a talented AM.

2 Likes