January Transfer window thread

Apart from waffling on here how are you doing anything different?

I’m not.
But I can see what’s happening and I don’t like it.
I’m not the only one on here who took a lot of stick a few seasons ago, when we could see how we were being dragged down while all our rivals overtook us, But I was amazed by so many who defended Wenger and the board.

There is something seriously wrong with the way the club is being run.
There is a reason why all our best players leave and why we will have a problem attracting top quality players here.
How many seasons do we have to put up with this nonsense until people realise we aren’t going anywhere with this owner?

Indeed. Basically everyone has taken stick over the years. Including stick from you to others.

And if you’re just doing nothing, the same as everyone else what’s your point when you call people out about it?

It’s pretty much how Wenger rebuild this club and his legacy here though. That’s why I can’t stand what happened here since 2012 when he went the Arteta/Mertesacker route.

3 Likes
1 Like

Mentions Winger :giroud2:

5 Likes

At least Emery is saying out loud what we all know the club needs. It’s better than some of late-stage Arsene’s press conferences.

15 Likes

That’s gonna be Denis.

Used to so badly get upset when we were fucked with injuries etc comes to January and whether would say 'we have a strong squad I don’t like the January window’s and we would be struggling and he either brings in dross or noone.

1 Like

I don’t want stop gap signings like Sokratis in Jan, if we can’t get real quality please wait until the summer, last thing I want is another stop gap on a 3 year deal when it’s very likely we won’t get top 4 anyways.

2 Likes

Easy 11 likes for you.

Speaking the truth baby. :henry2:

1 Like

Did people actually think we were gonna buy the likes of Koulibaly in January? :joy:

The last two seasons(or even three) of Arsenal under Wenger were rendered failures as with what we spend, the return wasn’t enough.
That’s why they decided to change the foundation silently and start over, rolling back the years trying to make low risk moves.
The club doesn’t have an issue being just an EL/CL club winning the odd title(likely cup) here and there if what we is spend is pragmatic.

Personally, I don’t mind the aproach as that’s how I became a fan. Arsenal making the most of it, developing players on their own.
The issue now is that many PL clubs are rising up and are going out buying proven players. It’s not 2009 anymore where at your worst you’ll end up 4th. People keep on sleeping on clubs like Leicester, Everton, West Ham, etc. but if they stick to their project and let the players gel they will cause problems.

1 Like

If you gave me the hypothetical of major reloading in the summer with outgoing El Neny, Ramsey, Mustafi, Ozil, etc.and spending over 100 million on the team but NOTHING in Jan, I’d have been fine with that.

If Suarez or anyone else helps us limp over the line to 4th, it is certainly worth it - it is fair to argue that they are at least not hurting our chances give our squad situation.

1 Like

Probably Suarez. Read what he said about him.

3 Likes

Do it at this point.

All for this. Especially if Emery is going to keep it 3-4-3.

This feels like an Alexis-Mkhitaryan swap

Except the players play in different positions, and the player we’ll receive is actually in a position we need, and better than what we currently have.

Other than that it’s exactly like the Alexis/Mkhitaryan swap :slight_smile:

1 Like