January Transfer window thread

I think 8 of 10 rumors are made up by the media, some of them are just them making up fake stories, but there is also a big role played by the agents and rival clubs to raise the player value or force a deal.

Mislintat mentioned this in a recent interview, i think this might have been the case with navas and arsenal rumor

1 Like

I donā€™t see how people around here donā€™t rate Cech anymore. He was putting MOTM performances before he got injured, heā€™s definitely still got something in him. I would definitely play him ahead of Leno, but apparently the coaches donā€™t rate him for some reason (or is it the board?).

He was the undisputed #1 keeper in the world for a number of seasons after all.

So Navas was just a fake? Shame, as i think he is really a great goalie and would win us many points.

Navas was fake?? Noooo, he said goodbye to his teammates thoā€¦

1 Like

But he just renewed. Maybe Real did it to sell him for more.

So rumours of a Kheidra swap for Ramsey. Thoughts? I think his range of playmaking, close control and grit would elevate us a level. Heā€™d be a leader and our midfielders could learn allot from playing with him.

We should have signed Khedira when Juve got him on a free. Weā€™d be getting an older and even less mobile version of him so Iā€™m not too sure about it. I wouldnā€™t be incredibly angry if we took him for 6 months until the end of the season though. It wouldnā€™t be the worst loan.

I think the pace of the Premier League would be too much for Khedira. Heā€™d make Xhaka look mobile.

4 Likes

Xhaka and Khedira, lol.

Iā€™d rather us sign an injured Kim KƤllstrƶm

1 Like

What about a long term deal of say 2 1/2 seasons. I guess we donā€™t know how heā€™ll age or adapt to the PL pace. But we could do with a class midfielder just as much as a CB imo. Think weā€™re seriously understating how bad our midfield is at the moment.

A loan wouldnā€™t be a crazy idea. But it should only be a stopgap until the summer.

Only ancient midfielder I want at this point and I say it only for sentimental reasons, is Cesc.

I think Cesc would make a much better signing than Khedira.

Khedira has been declining since last season. Scored quite a lot of goals for a CM but he basically offers nothing defensively anymore and his pace and mobility would be troubling.

Heā€™s the kind of player you wouldnā€™t mind bringing off the bench but weā€™d be paying him over Ā£100k a week and he shouldnā€™t be starting. Just seems a bad way to spend our money if we offer him anything longer than an 18 month deal.

2 Likes

If Juventus are willing to push this through, I donā€™t think itā€™s unreasonable to get them to pay Khediraā€™s wages while he is here.

If Juventus are more than happy to offload a player I think itā€™s best we steer clear after the Licht experiment.

2 Likes

Bit of a break down of whatā€™s ahead of us in this article.
Looks like our transfer dealings in the future lead to more of a sustainable approach. Similar to what @GC-Maniac mentioned in another thread.

1 Like

The Liverpool aberration aside there have been signs of greater organisation at the back.

LOOOOOOOOOOL.

His troll game is obviously on point.

1 Like