January Transfer window thread

That was the rumor, and then the very same day news came out that said Atlanta hadn’t recieved a sufficient offer. The rumor was both us and Fulham entered the race and that changed the plans.

1 Like

Kike suggested we should sign De Ligt. By all means, unleash that budget on that gem along with Frenkie.

1 Like

This might sound a bit controversial but it might be an idea to try and buy a couple of top quality CB’s that are not injury prone, not error prone and that can actually defend.

2 Likes

Still, there’s always a chance that a highly rated player that cost a lot of money might end uo a massive flop. Pogba, Falcao and Lindelof to name a few(ignore the pattern :joy::grin:).

That’s true.
But as we have rarely bought a highly rated CB, I’m not convinced cheap is the way to go.
Let’s put it this way, the only guarantee about buying a cheap or inexperienced CB is that unless they are playing alongside top quality defenders and being coached by a top quality defensive coach, their potential is wasted.

But our CB options are as poor as any mid table club and that’s why we are letting in as many goals as clubs of that stature.

1 Like

True. I would also like to see our luck going for a big time CB. De Ligt is a no brainer for anyone who can pay the money and can please the player.
I mentioned Skriniar before too, who definitely isn’t in his amazing form from last season but still an outstanding talent. We could use his recent down period to low-ball Inter.

1 Like

Only 50% of which are penalties.

1 Like

A winger with a decent goal record, pace and very good footwork is basically what we’re crying out for so I’m all over this. I can’t pretend to watch much Ligue 1 but I’ve heard a lot of good things about him this season.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to get super hyped for January 2019’s version of January 2018’s Malcolm and end up not signing him

11 Likes

I agree, we need to get back to the days when we had that killer wavy wide play.

All other top teams have these kind of players, they’re essential to excel in this league.

The fact we have no genuine winger is just nonsensical.

Since when is Matt Spiro a reliable journo :sweat_smile:?

Pepe has a weird play style. Doesn’t fit his stature which makes him very unpredictable. We’ll see.

I’d be keen on Pepe…Dembélé would be my first choice, but would take Pepe. However, I hope we leave a space next season for Reiss Nelson who is having a blinder in Germany atm…

Not one for the positions needed right now, should be intersting to see if Emery is keen this january.

Rabiot is one of the players Emery misused at PSG, not interested in bring him here tbh

I forgot that his mum was his rep, lol

That guys has LeGossip in his name

I’m not going to pretend to know if Hernandez is the CB we’d need and Bayern are a bunch of arrogant cheeseweasels but that’s the kind of move January requires. It would be great to have us buy someone like that.

I realize we kind of did that a few years ago with Mustafi and got it seriously wrong but I’m willing to give this administration a shot.