James Rodriguez

14 Likes
1 Like

Can you hear that?

That’s the sound of thousands of FPL players putting him in their fantasy team based off of that video

2 Likes

@Calum is going to be the 1st

Not for me

well that shut me up

1 Like

My mind does this automatically whenever some says “not for me”

1 Like

I think he’ll be on the bench but if he comes on and scores the winner against spurs he’s going straight in my Fantasy team.

1 Like

I love a not for me, Clive!

That was the most geriatric overhead kick I’ve ever seen

7 Likes

I was genuinely enraged I watched 50 seconds of shit Everton training to see that sideways flop shit.

11 Likes

Who got the better deal? Everton getting Rodriguez on a free, or us getting Willian? I’m inclined to believe Rodriguez is better, being 3 yrs younger and being more talented.

1 Like

They’d paid £20mil for James mate hahaha

I read the other day that £20m was actually £12m. Probably £20 when you add on sign ons and such. I’m on the fence about James.

I kind of feel it’s similar to the Ozil deal. It will make Everton feel like they’re a big club, bring a lot of hype and probably even be a success early on. Ultimately it will financially ruin them. OZIL!

Yeah, I was mistaken. Here’s a more trustworthy source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53992937
that cites both 12m and 20m.

Still, later sources still claim it was a free transfer after all: https://www.transfermarkt.com/james-joins-everton-on-free-transfer-no-fee-for-real-madrid/view/news/370044

Update, September 9, 11:01 BST: Contrary to previous media reports, the midfielder is joining Everton on a free transfer. According to information acquired by Transfermarkt, Real only secured themselves a sell-on clause, which would earn them a percentage of the Colombian’s next transfer fee. The percentage is understood to be in the lower and conventional range.

Ones a midfielder and the other a winger. Can we really make an 1-on-1 comparison like that?

They are both offensive players playing in similar positions. I was just remarking how Everton seemed to have gotten a better deal than us in this case, if it really was on a free. But time will tell of course, injuries, results …

1 Like

Wasn’t aware Rodriguez had become a winger. I’m sure Everton is paying a hefty salary. Even if that isn’t actually on the books. Somebody like Rodriguez doesn’t go there other than for the money.

Took a pay cut according to the Guardian. Working with Ancelotti again and playing in the EPL must have been a big draw

1 Like