Jack Wilshere

I honestly don’t understand where all this vitriol is coming from lol

He is just a perma-injured former Arsenal player training with us hoping to get a new contract somewhere some day because he likes to play football. Why are you all so angry at him for that? Or did I miss something? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

He’s not even got a contract lol

1 Like

I dunno if it’s vitriol but he just seems to be happy here training despite the alleged offers coming his way. What’s he actually waiting for if he wants to carry on playing? It’s not like he’s going to have a lot to choose from.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’d get the gig back home in Stevenage.

Yeah mate that’s the point.

Yeah so why do you get so livid about him doing keepy uppies at Colney with the boys? We’re not paying him

Because he’s supposed to be sorting his career out.
His words. He’s turned down clubs to train with and play for.
Fucking Edgar Davids played for Barnet ffs. He’s an entitled prick using us.

Wilshere training with the lads seems, if anything, better for our young lads than if he wasn’t there.

2 Likes

Not much good for him though is it. Which is sort of what it’s about isn’t it.

What are they learning from him? It’s not like he had mercurial talent and bad so much to teach them.

He was the epitome of raw talent with no refinement.

Better for him to be training than not.

He’s played at the top level for Arsenal including in the champions league, gets what the club is about better than most. Better good influence than he is a bad one.

2 Likes

Even better to be playing surely.

He doesn’t have a contract yet, so training is better than not.

1 Like

You telling me he can’t get a club here.

Nope.

Then there’s no point training then.

I wasn’t telling you he couldn’t get a club.

Okay. So how is he going to resurrect his career then.
This isn’t the first time he’s turned clubs down. He’s also refused the offer of training with other clubs. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

By signing for a football club that he wants to sign for and that are interested in him playing for them.