Jack Wilshere

Because all the evidence suggests that he is basically a shit footballer, and the idea behind bringing someone in as cover is that he should be of some use if you have to play him, which he won’t be having played fewer than 40 games in 4.5 seasons, with none of them being this season.

4.5 seasons is essentially half a decade. He’s barely played in half a decade, and when he has, it’s been at a level or two below where we currently are, chasing top four.

I’m astonished that anyone could fail to understand why people would be opposed to this. Not saying you have to agree with me, but it’s not exactly baffling what I’m saying.

Even getting Ceballos in for a third loan would be a far more serious move for us to make lol

Haha yeah.

Sad reality is, every game is massive for us now.

Would honestly rather just sign someone on loan who isn’t being utilised by their current club.

I just cannot see how this signing does anything other than simply add a body at this stage. He’s been shot for about 8 years now we’d basically be doing nothing more than simply feeding his family if we signed him

1 Like

If Wilshere wasn’t an ex Arsenal player, we wouldn’t give him a second look.

No other club wants him so why would we?

1 Like

We need another french midfielder from Charlton who can back home and save us.

What’s Flamini doing? We must be due to sign him on a free again soon? :grin:

1 Like

Where’s Lassana Diarra at these days?

I think it’s about time we got Yann M’Vila

2 Likes

I agree but if its between over using 18yr old Patino or Wilshere sharing the load for a few games until we get our midfield back. Then I’d go for it

1 Like

But it isn’t between these two options really. We should expect better from our club than this shit binary choice.

2 Likes

I know but this is arsenal.

Expect the worse and hope for the best

He was terrible at West Ham but jack the type that you could really see trying to make an impression in the few appearances he’d get here if he did sign a short term deal.

1 Like

He wasn’t terrible. He showed his class at times but he wasn’t a good fit for them. Same for when he was at Bournemouth. Complete clash of styles.

Hearing some of his interviews now, it sounds like he is very picky on the offers he gets. He finally got it.
I feel the whole “nobody wants me” argument he used a couple of months ago was moreso “nobody that I want wants me”.

No one have the intention to offer a big contract to someone who doesn’t guarantee a certain number of games. He’s an injury prone player and the latest game played was in May for seven minutes.

2 Likes

Of course he was fucking terrible they ripped the contract up at west ham after 16 games

1 Like

If Wilshere is the answer, then we’re truly fucked.

1 Like

10 Likes

Wilshere X Athur for the NLD :eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

This is depressing…

Fuck it, why not at this stage :joy:

1 Like
4 Likes