Israel/Palestine

16 year old girl killed by Israeli sniper and Israeli forces claim it was an accident.

How outrageous is that? To suggest an experienced sniper of one of the most well trained forces in the world kills a 16 year old girl accidentally? What was he doing - firing random rounds into the air?

A sniper is one of the most precise shooters on earth. There is no world where they accidentally kill a child unless they’re just randomly firing

2 Likes

Board of Deputies surprisingly joining these calls too

4 Likes

We should send Palestinians weapons and tanks, so they can defend themselves better.

5 Likes

It’s heartbreaking to see what Bibi is doing over there. He’ll be PM for life at this point.

Fuck you Bibi. That war criminal’s coup has been put on hold for now. You love to see it.

1 Like

Seems like executive overreach, more than anything else, really pisses off regular Israelis

For the avoidance of doubt…this is a satire website.

No, it’s a lot of “I never thought the leopard would eat my face” reactions.

The left has dissolved there in terms of political power. When a nominal centrist like Yair Lapid was being hailed as a breath of fresh air, you know you’ve fucked up.

Standard from Israel

Imagine telling a holocaust survivor in 1945, that in 50 years Israel will turn into a military state practicing fascistic policies.

5 Likes

You might be negatively surprised to be honest

I know see the blasphemy that’s going on in the pineapple on a pizza thread

I like bagels.

Reopened and posts removed.

Nothing to see here

2 Likes

I agree that the problem is complex and nuanced but I don’t see what this attack by Hamas hopes to achieve other than more misery for everyone involved including it’s own people. Apparently more than a few Palestinians are against the two state solution and support an armed conflict but I think this latest attack will change that.

Israel will go all out this time and wipe Hamas and it’s supporters from the face of the earth. Even for the neutrals, it’s hard to support the Palestinians if they condone what Hamas did. If anything, this just gives Israel the license to do whatever it sees fit and that would most likely be the doom of Hamas, Hezbollah and any others.

In the end, more innocent blood will be spilled on both sides.

2 Likes

Who knew all these years of getting violated could produce unjustifiable atrocities and an endless cycle of violence. The opportunities for diplomatic solutions seem long passed sadly. Both sides are at fault for not prioritising the need to avoid more conflict to their own varying degree. All out war for years on end… depressing.

1 Like

Israel’s defence minister orders a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip and the cutting off of food, fuel, electricity and water supplies

^ via the BBC: Israel Gaza live news: Israel orders 'siege' of Gaza with 'no electricity, food, or fuel' - BBC News

Fuck. That is just unbelievable. I was so certain that I’d live to see a resolution to this mess but I’m starting to doubt it.