Israel/Palestine

Awful disgusting ‘nation’ at it again

4 Likes

There are people who unfortunately defend the actions of Israel and always will. And I think a lot of that stems from simply hating Muslims more so than anything else.

Anybody with two working eyes can see the atrocities Israeli right wing fascists commit on Palestinians daily.

3 Likes

Two working eyes tend to see the bad on both sides, fella :+1:

He still has you blocked man. He ain’t using his eyes to see your posts. :joy:

2 Likes

Probably a good thing. The douchebag probably blocked out what the PIJ did with their rockets lol.

No need for the.name calling. Leave it out yea, the rest of us can still see it.

Fair enough, but he did call @Truth_hurts an idiot earlier in the day in an unneeded response.

Maybe he should watch the name calling, too.

You’re still reading his posts so. They’re generally good so can’t say I blame you.

1 Like

Because we can’t mute mods unfortunately. Have to read through his shit before I see something interesting from someone else

OA poster of the year 2020 if memory serves me right, brother.

3 Likes

Interesting how the same strategy (placing military in civilian buildings) is lambasted when it’s done in Gaza, but ignored when done in Ukraine.

5 Likes

I’d be a little careful about assuming that.

Quite a bit of the support for Israel as a political entity within the Jewish community comes from a combination of very real, often mocked, concerns about Jews being eternal outsiders (especially in the context of history, being expelled from basically every country in Europe over the centuries) and a belief that having a political entity in a place that is historically connected to Judaism as a religion is a way to both honor the tradition and ensure a sort of “safe haven” for Jews.

In my experience “hatred of Muslims” isn’t high on the list of reasons why some Jews may support Israel. Muslims don’t matter in their calculations which is problematic in a different way.

Are there people like Kahanists who are driven by a hatred of Muslims and revel in their ability to keep Palestinians out of their land? Absolutely. Have pro-Israel lobbying groups incorporated racism into their materials doing things like highlighting Israel’s science and arts while making claims like Hamas’ government in Gaza can’t produce any similar achievements because “Palestinians hate Jews (deliberate conflation btw) more than they love their own children and would rather spend money on rockets than food.” Of course that ignores the way Israel has destroyed the Palestinian economy and all that stuff.

It’s just complicated.

1 Like

I’m talking about non-Jewish people who side with Israeli policy on Palestine.

I am well read on the topic so I understand Jewish support on Israel. Not only that, I completely support the existence of Israel as a state and completely believe in a two state solution

1 Like

Agreed, but will never happen.

You can’t have two states while one is gobbling up land :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely this.

He ought to be careful what he says on this subject. He knows full well how delicate the subject is.

My bad. Yeah, it’s actually extremely creepy imo. A lot of Evangelicals support Israel and Jewish immigration to Israel. For people like my grandparents who grew up in the 40s and 50s it probably feels really good to see not just American support for a “Jewish” political entity but this kind of branding of Israel and America as allies. But if you look behind some of that support it’s gross. There’s just obscene racism and also it’s not like Evangelical support is because they’re particularly fond of Jews. It’s because it fulfils some prophecy about the end of the world and oh by the way during that big fiery finale the Jews don’t exactly come out of it well.

1 Like

It works both ways though. A lot of Muslims who don’t believe in the state of Israel are flat out anti demotic and believe in the annihilation of the Jewish race.

So this isn’t a one way thing. Far far far from it. I was just talking on the topic of those who defend Israeli policy on Palestine. It’s far right politics of the highest order and not even a delicate topic in the sense that it flat out deserves to be condemned.

I’m an optimist so I want to believe that’s not true but I know there are definitely people out there who feel that way about Jews. It’s also mind boggling to me that Muslims would feel that way about Jews. The two religions and cultures are way more similar than Judaism is to Christianity. It’s why I roll my eyes when people in the USA talk about “Judeo-Christian” values since really they’re just talking about Christian values.

I’ve heard that sentiment first hand many many times so I’m speaking from experience there. Anti-semitism runs rampant in a lot of Islamic communities because people don’t have any real understanding of the conflict in Palestine / Israel other than Israeli forces kill lots of Palestinians and very rarely for justified reasons. So that stokes the fires of the sentiment because most people are just ignorant by nature.

But this is a recent thing though, right? I thought historically Jews and Muslims actually got on really well.