Investments (Stonks)

PLTR dropping again today, you for buying in? Stock interests me but really unsure how to judge the bottom. Been watching people all day on Reddit lament their buy in as it keeps dipping lower lol.

I’ll wait to see how low it keeps going as there’s potential for further dips. I’m already down significantly on it might as well just steel my nerves.

I’m in it for the long term anyway, so I’m not too bothered by the fall currently (as EVERYTHING is falling). If it was the only share falling then I’d probably be a lot more annoyed and maybe have jumped ship.

1 Like

Yeh man everything is awful at the moment for me other than my crypto. I fancy it long term too but I want to time my entry right because looking at red all day makes me sad.

In your estimation what do you think is a reasonable entry point for this week. I was thinking 22, I’m not sure it will fall below 20.

Honestly I couldn’t say but I’d be very surprised if it fell below $20.

$21-22 might not be a bad shout as it’s descent does seem to have slowed down a bit now.

2 Likes

@Cristo closed at $194, not bad! See how it fares tomorrow

1 Like

Yeah, no doubt she is hurting now. But, last year after covid crash they were all (Cramer / CNBC) ridiculing her Tesla price predictions and these predictions exceeded her target and then some.

Cramer in general was talking down Tesla a lot those months in 2nd - 3rd quarter of 2020. I just don’t like his animated explanations and he was far off the mark with many topics regarding EVs and Renewables.

Cyrpto > Stonks :sunglasses:

1 Like

Personally I stay away from stocks like GME and AMC as these Reddit fueled stocks are highly speculative and right now so volatile. It is just too unpredictable. Let them and the hedges sort it out. I am riding other stocks for the long term.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, this is just expendable money I don’t care much for, it could crash sure but it could also go way way up, I think a comfortable price point is $300 then I’ll consider selling half of them then, then hold onto the other half and see if it goes crazy

2 Likes

Took a punt on EYES Friday afternoon after doing a bit of reading and research about them, forgot I did
as its in my H&L account I don’t check as often, checked this morning and it’s 529% up at yesterday’s closing price of $11.78, current pre Market is hovering either side of $19 :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Holy shit how much did you put in if you don’t mind me asking

Enough to buy 273 shares @ $4.10 each.

Not going to be able to take my eyes off this today (no pun intended).

It’ll carry on climbing after opening as the volume has gone crazy but then fully expect it to settle down.

1 Like

Is this the company that makes visual prosthetics that help blind people see?

I heard they got an FDA approval that boosted their price from $1.6 to $12 the other day.

Where did you hear about it? My friend mentioned it to me having heard about it when it was at $1.6 and he sold at $5 lol

@Gio GME at $225 pre market :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

It is, pure luck and timing more than anything mate.
Saw something on reddit about it early Friday morning and thought it sounded interesting as my GF’s dad is blind from an operation that went wrong a few years back and ended up talking to him about it. Did some further research whilst keeping an eye on the price Friday and it just started surging so pulled the trigger, seems to have gone mental since then.

Now at $25. Was looking to buy more today but think that might not be viable.

I also use Stocktwits before I buy anything to scan through people who push this to see how many people are watching and how morons are already on board.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely feel I’ve missed the boat there, but good on you for getting in, this is an interesting one.

@Cristo yep, and I’ll keep holding.

Even if it goes back down to $40. Like I said if it reaches 300 maybe I’ll consider.

1 Like

If it goes back to $40, average that shit down!

1 Like

Yeah my mate said he saw it on a smaller subreddit and stocktwits as well.

Need to start sniffing these smaller subreddits out. WSB is just GME these days.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve done mate, WSB is fucking insufferable now with “to the moon boys” shit every other post.

If I see something I find interesting I’ll always, look on stocktwits, check how it’s performed over the last month and google it too to see if it has its own subreddit and for any recent news.

5 Likes

Seems like the market has turned today, like I thought last week as I wanted to wait until yesterday or today until getting in.

I ended up buying into Orsted at 945 today and it ended at 960. Blue Prism gained about 50p as well, and Palantir is up almost $2.

@Castiel Did you get in to BB? Saw it was up about 7%!

I’ve been in BB since around the time we were talking about NOK, so I’m at a bit of a loss on it but I averaged down during the last few weeks, it like NOK, is long term for my so happy to keep it for a while and see how it plays out.

Had an auto buy on PLTR yesterday at 22.5 so it’s been all green today which is nice. I’m very interested in this long term though so if we hit a double dip I’m going in again I think.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry I meant whether you averaged down on BB.

I’m tempted to try and get back into it as I do think it’s a good long term hold, I just don’t want to trade for the sake of trading and churn too many positions.

HL costing me a fortune in fees.

2 Likes