International Friendlies

Is that because you had pencilled in England v Austria? The game where Southgate has said he’ll start players who aren’t in the squad for the major tournament that starts next week? Yeah don’t blame you.

No

I’ve heard that Wembley was sold out within minutes of the game being announced and some desperate Austria fans are paying more than a thousand pounds to get a ticket for this thriller.

There are numerous reasons why this joke doesn’t work.

1. It’s not at Wembley, it’s at the Riverside stadium.
  2. We’re in a pandemic still, it can’t “sell out”
  3. The available tickets did actually sell out.

But other than that, yeah, you nailed it.

1 Like

Is there Austria fans?

No idea. Sounds like they just sold the 25% capacity allowance as a free for all.

Feels like point 3 contradicts point 2. If all available tickets were sold, the event was a sell out, no?

Unless that was a joke I just didn’t get lol

Good bit of our first 11 missing the game as a precaution even though they have produced negative tests

1 Like

Jakey in being pedantic shocker.

Only a 25% capacity was allowed. All those tickets sold out. But they obviously didn’t “sell out” the whole stadium as they weren’t allowed to.

I suspect you knew what I meant anyway.

Yes, there is, and they’re all coming in the same car.

If all available seats have been sold, the event is sold out lol

Not really pedantic to point out that your pedantic deconstruction of someone’s joke was illogical as well as unnecessary.

2 Likes

Right OK. I’ll be sure to consult the “necessary posting” rule book if I post again.

I’ll tell IDB10 to consult that same rule book before he attempts a joke in future.

God, I’ve missed this. I hope you know I only came back for you, boo :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Saka gets a start amongst the Euro rejects

I’m hoping France put on a show.

Yaaaaaaas

1 Like

We’re such a poor team.

Lol

Good finish! 1-1.

It’s nice to have Saka on the pitch, hopefully more Arsenal players make it into the England team in the future.

Austria are very intense at pressing for a bloody friendly.

Grealish don’t be fucking injured lad

Jesus Christ?!?!?!?!?!